NI Metaphysical Function - Midi control?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
serge_a_storms

NI Metaphysical Function - Midi control?

Post by serge_a_storms » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi,

I have a Native instruments plug in called Metaphysical Function which is part of the Electronic Instruments XT II package that came out at the dawn of civilisation (a long time ago). I've never been able to map the controls of this sound generator to any controller. Do any of you know how this can be achieved? Maybe a M4L patch of some sort? I'm not wildly technical when it comes to M4L so lay man terms would be appreciated.

For the un-initiated, it's this synth. http://www.reaktortips.com/2013/08/get- ... aktor.html

Cheers.
MacBook Pro i7 16gb RAM, OSX 10.11.2, Live 9.7

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Instagram

Muze

Re: NI Metaphysical Function - Midi control?

Post by Muze » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:21 pm

It's just some automation ID's are probably above what Live can see. Go into edit mode in Reaktor, open up the "Connect" tab in the browser, and at the bottom in the section "Automation" click on the dropdown "IDs" and select "sort and compress" - then resave the ensemble.

The assign as you normally would - insert Reaktor, open MF, select configure and touch the controls you wish to automate.

serge_a_storms

Re: NI Metaphysical Function - Midi control?

Post by serge_a_storms » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:47 pm

I'll try that but I'm not using Reaktor so I don't have the edit-ability of Reaktor. I don't think I do anyway. I'm using the Electronic instruments XT2 version.

Thanks for your input though.
MacBook Pro i7 16gb RAM, OSX 10.11.2, Live 9.7

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Instagram