iZotope BreakTweaker - Thoughts from those who have used?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
patrick.olson86

iZotope BreakTweaker - Thoughts from those who have used?

Post by patrick.olson86 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:48 pm

Hey guys,

Plugin Boutique is running a sale on BreakTweaker at the moment and I had some extra money to spend this month... so I tested out the trial version and then bought it. I'm still messing around with it and learning what it can do. It's not a terribly difficult learning curve on how to use the features, but like all good plugins, it seems to have a variety and endless amount of uses. Just curious.. for those who own it or have used it in the past, how do you implement it into your productions?

I'm thinking that I'll use it more as a spice to add to my meal. I guess what I'm saying is that I think the meat and potatoes of my sequencing will be done in Live's drum machines with kick and snare layering, as the additional processing in Drum machines is an advantage (at least for my workflow) to make the drums sound exactly how I want them. But, BreakTweaker might be used for hats, synth pads, or basses. The ability to speed up and alter the bar length in BrkTwkr seems like it could offer some interesting randomness to a hat pattern.

I'm not terribly sold on the factory content sounds though, I think I'll be importing most of my own samples when I use this. But, again, I'm still messing with it.

Anyone have any tips, tricks, or uses they wouldn't mind sharing?