Ableton 6 Question on behalf of someone...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Logic8807

Ableton 6 Question on behalf of someone...

Post by Logic8807 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:38 am

Hey you guy's, I'm new here. I just managed to grab myself an old copy of Ableton for $40 on Ebay! It's Ableton 6, so you can imagine I'm having a few issues. I tried to register for the Ableton Forums but for some reason I can't register. Anyways, I'm having some issues with my ASIO drivers and Maschine. Maschine crashes CONSTANTLY in Ableton. And I have to set my sample rate fairly high, about 524 on my Desktop with an interface, and 1048 on my Laptop with no interface. This makes working with audio fairly difficult. I'm really enjoying Live so far. I'm excited to get going on it. I plan to upgrade to Live 9 eventually when I get the extra cash which I imagine will fix the problem? Still, if anyone has any idea's on how I can fix the problem in the immediate future, I'd really appreciate it! It's most that I want to get Maschine to work. It runs, but the hardware crashes and freezes up on my and I'm not sure why. I'm guessing it's because it's such an old version and there's probably some compatibility issues going on. But maybe there's an old Live veteran around that still has there old copy up and running that might be able to help me out?
https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.