Sampler/Midi Issue - Weird sound from nowhere?!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Check1-2

Sampler/Midi Issue - Weird sound from nowhere?!

Post by Check1-2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:21 am

I have this bass sound I made loaded up into Sampler. And I've got the midi clip setup with my notes, all good. But after the first 3 or so notes, the sound of it gets weird. Almost like a "pop" sound in a sense during the transient of the sound. I checked all my automation and there's nothing happening there that's turning on or off or even moving that would be causing the sound. It is the same note as the first 3 as well, so its not a pitch issue.

What in the world is going on? Does anyone have any ideas for me? I really don't like the sound and I also don't like not knowing WHY it's happening!

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

yur2die4

Re: Sampler/Midi Issue - Weird sound from nowhere?!

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:01 pm

I would look into my envelopes, my polyphony (voices/legato/etc), and my Retrigger.

What might be happening is, there is a long enough Release on the amp envelope that when you trigger a new note, it abruptly cuts off the previous while it is off-axis, causing a jump. This would be remedied either by reducing Release or turning off Retrigger so that the previous note plays out and blends with the new instance of the same note.