I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ark
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by ark » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Ableton retailers are offering 20% off Live 9 and Push.

Cycling '74 has already said that they will soon be shipping Max 7.

I predict that at around the time Max 7 starts shipping, a major update for Live will also appear. I won't guess whether it will be called Live 10 or Live 9.1, but either way I think it will be accompanied by a new Push device.

mholloway
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by mholloway » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:49 pm

ark wrote:Ableton retailers are offering 20% off Live 9 and Push.

Cycling '74 has already said that they will soon be shipping Max 7.

I predict that at around the time Max 7 starts shipping, a major update for Live will also appear. I won't guess whether it will be called Live 10 or Live 9.1, but either way I think it will be accompanied by a new Push device.

Sadly or otherwise, the answer is Nope.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

login
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by login » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:04 pm

I don't think so, I believe they still have to work on some more updates for Push before thinking in v2.

I hope they take at least 2 years more for Live 10 and bring something great with it.

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 am

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:43 pm

.
.
.







.











.


































.




















.


















.



























.










.




































































































.
Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angstrom
Posts: 14661
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by Angstrom » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:47 pm

login wrote:I don't think so, I believe they still have to work on some more updates for Push before thinking in v2.

I hope they take at least 2 years more for Live 10 and bring something great with it.
My guess : A Live 10 announcement at winter NAMM and a software update for Push.

The reason: Live 9 had a lot of under-the-hood changes that didn't have great interfaces, for example : the Browser had a big rewrite, but the interface wasn't up to the job of delivering on the underlying databases power. The user's own presets were relegated to folders called "other" and only really had any configurability in the lower area "places" which was obviously originally intended as mere file locations, but became the only area for users to manage their content effectively as a parallel tagging system. In the Categories interface there are no user-centric tags, or methods of customisation - but the underlying database would allow this customisation ... suggesting the interface in L9 wasn't the complete vision.
Also - did that browsing experience really interface well with Push? Seeing lots of people editing text files to hack it into shape says "not really".

So I expect live 10 to build some sort of usability onto the underlying framework of Live 9, and most likely some software updates to Push allowing it to interface more effectively with the app. EG: Browsing samples & previewing samples, ad-hoc tagging and grouping of presets, all that stuff.

A less likely update, but a possibility - Live 10 will bring poly-aftertouch. Push is a poly aftertouch device, Live9 does not handle poly-aftertouch. That suggests to me Live 10 will do. The problem here is that it would be a complex integration as Live's multi-lane automation interface is an area requiring a lot of work to deliver clean usability. However, it seems Push would make that problem important to solve.

The basis of these guesses: nothing.
Last edited by Angstrom on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4racen
Posts: 5172
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:08 pm
Location: Dunstable
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by S4racen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Angstrom wrote: An outside guess - Live 10 will bring poly-aftertouch. Push is a poly aftertouch device, Live9 does not handle poly-aftertouch. That suggests to me Live 10 will do.
This would be good!

Cheers
D

login
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by login » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 pm

@Amstrong: Wanna bet? No update in at least 1 more year.

störgeräusche
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by störgeräusche » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:45 pm

I´d hate them for bringing out Push V2 and leave us Push MK1 with a dry mouth. I'd feel abandoned by a company I am supporting since I bought version 3 and upgraded all the way up to Live 9 Suite and Push. A company who has been unable to deliver what users have been asking for ages and should have got centuries ago.

Let's hope they will finally give Push the functionality it needs before even thinking to a MK2 hardware revision with rounder, fancier buttons and bigger display which will MK1 look like an old toy. :evil:
soundcloud
website
______________________________________________________
Win7 Pro 64 - i7 870 @ 2.93 GHz - 16 GB RAM - RME Multiface II

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 am

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:55 pm

.
.
.







.











.


































.




















.


















.



























.










.




































































































.
Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:12 pm

störgeräusche wrote:I´d hate them for bringing out Push V2 and leave us Push MK1 with a dry mouth. I'd feel abandoned by a company I am supporting since I bought version 3 and upgraded all the way up to Live 9 Suite and Push. A company who has been unable to deliver what users have been asking for ages and should have got centuries ago.

Let's hope they will finally give Push the functionality it needs before even thinking to a MK2 hardware revision with rounder, fancier buttons and bigger display which will MK1 look like an old toy. :evil:
Most of the issues with Push are in software, not hardware (The poly-After Touch as an example). I find it highly unlikely that they would change the code to make this possible, but would keep it artificially away from Push MK1 owners. That's not the Ableton I know.

Besides I don't think Push MK2 will come out for another 2-3 years.
What I could see though is another device (let's not call it Shove ;-) ), one which adresses Arrangement and would be a great companion to Push.

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:14 pm

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends wrote:
störgeräusche wrote:I´d hate them for bringing out Push V2 and leave us Push MK1 with a dry mouth. I'd feel abandoned by a company I am supporting since I bought version 3 and upgraded all the way up to Live 9 Suite and Push. A company who has been unable to deliver what users have been asking for ages and should have got centuries ago.

Let's hope they will finally give Push the functionality it needs before even thinking to a MK2 hardware revision with rounder, fancier buttons and bigger display which will MK1 look like an old toy. :evil:
sorry but they will spit out another push real soon because ableton is trying so hard to be like APPLE. fo instance look how they announced the push in their stage presentation. looked like an apple event. look at the ableton website trying to look like apple.
Nonsense!
And with that annoying, long user name that breaks all screen flow, you are not gonna get very many friends here.
I have an inkling you are not new here anyways :x

slicedbread
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by slicedbread » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:27 pm

i hope not. push is such a well engineered piece of machine. the only thing i'd want would be a double grid version... like a 16 x 8 push pro.

login
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by login » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Ableton 8-9 update took 4 years, I wouldn't expect less than 3 years for a Live 10 upgrade.

Not ableton products but supported by: Apc also took 4 years for an upgrade, Launchpad also 4 years for an upgrade.

So no I don't think recent Ableton behaviour is anything "apple like".

And I prefer they take time for Live 10 and bring some great features and not just minimal stuff (as Reason for example).

Also hope they upgrade Push to v2 until Live 10, or maybe present a new controller, so instead of "upgrading" Push you add the new controller which compliments Push.

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 am

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:29 pm

.
.
.







.











.


































.




















.


















.



























.










.




































































































.
Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:30 pm

slicedbread wrote:i hope not. push is such a well engineered piece of machine. the only thing i'd want would be a double grid version... like a 16 x 8 push pro.

add faders, a long ass display, 16 knobs and The arrangement Push form factor is half on it's way.

128 velocity/pressure sensitive pads is not gonna be cheap though.

Post Reply