I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
joeyfivecents
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: Augusta, GA USA
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by joeyfivecents » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:40 am

I just solved the pitch correction problem too. Just downloaded Max 7 and there is a new Max For Live device called Autotuna. Sounds really good. Oh and there's a Simpler with time stretching too!
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Fender Jaguar, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

BoddAH
Posts: 638
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by BoddAH » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:05 am

joeyfivecents wrote:Why in the world would people argue AGAINST a fricking tuner?
Maybe I don't want to open up Amplitube or Guitar Rig or Max For Live every time I have an idea and I want to throw a quick guitar or bass track down using Amp. It really pisses me off when people are so narrow-minded about using Live for more than just electronic music. You don't have to use the tuner. I'll say it again: it would be nice to have a Live tuner and a Live pitch correction device. Is it okay for me to wish for that? I've been using this software for a LONG time. I should be able to put in one feature request once in ten years and not have to hear some ridiculous irrational arguments against it. But then, I'm hardly ever on the forums because I'm too busy making actual music.
Maybe I don’t want to have to browse through a bazillion very situational and specific devices that maybe 5% Live users will actually use every time I need to load an effect patch on Push.

Why would you want to bloat the most straightforward and quick-by-design DAW on the market, revered by all for its streamlined workflow, with tacked-on and primitive device most people don’t want that you could easily replace with a free VST or Max For Live patch if you really needed to. Why would everyone have to deal with that.

Just because you enjoy using an USB coffee cup warmer with your computer doesn’t mean an integrated heating surface should be included by default with every new laptop.

Besides, I have the same right to be against a new feature as you have being for it.

To be fair though, I guess it would be OK to add a tuner button into the Spectrum device or a tuner directly into the Amp device. That would be OK. Just don’t make it a whole new effect. I’m not against it just to piss you off in case you were wondering.

re:dream
Posts: 4554
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Hoerikwaggo's sunset side...
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by re:dream » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:53 am

I must say I have no use for it, but I have no objection to Ableton implementing it. I ignore 90% of the Live devices anyway :roll:

tummes
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by tummes » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:18 am

joeyfivecents wrote:I just solved the pitch correction problem too. Just downloaded Max 7 and there is a new Max For Live device called Autotuna. Sounds really good. Oh and there's a Simpler with time stretching too!
How is Autotuna? Is it a pith correction tool like Logic's or Melodyne?

joeyfivecents
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: Augusta, GA USA
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by joeyfivecents » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:00 pm

tummes wrote:
joeyfivecents wrote:I just solved the pitch correction problem too. Just downloaded Max 7 and there is a new Max For Live device called Autotuna. Sounds really good. Oh and there's a Simpler with time stretching too!
How is Autotuna? Is it a pith correction tool like Logic's or Melodyne?
It's closer to the pitch correction plugin in Logic. It works very well though. There are pattern buttons for each scale you create so you can step through them whenever you need a different scale. I don't really use it for vocals ironically, I like misusing it.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Fender Jaguar, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

joeyfivecents
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: Augusta, GA USA
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by joeyfivecents » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:04 pm

BoddAH wrote:
joeyfivecents wrote:Why in the world would people argue AGAINST a fricking tuner?
Maybe I don't want to open up Amplitube or Guitar Rig or Max For Live every time I have an idea and I want to throw a quick guitar or bass track down using Amp. It really pisses me off when people are so narrow-minded about using Live for more than just electronic music. You don't have to use the tuner. I'll say it again: it would be nice to have a Live tuner and a Live pitch correction device. Is it okay for me to wish for that? I've been using this software for a LONG time. I should be able to put in one feature request once in ten years and not have to hear some ridiculous irrational arguments against it. But then, I'm hardly ever on the forums because I'm too busy making actual music.
Maybe I don’t want to have to browse through a bazillion very situational and specific devices that maybe 5% Live users will actually use every time I need to load an effect patch on Push.

Why would you want to bloat the most straightforward and quick-by-design DAW on the market, revered by all for its streamlined workflow, with tacked-on and primitive device most people don’t want that you could easily replace with a free VST or Max For Live patch if you really needed to. Why would everyone have to deal with that.

Just because you enjoy using an USB coffee cup warmer with your computer doesn’t mean an integrated heating surface should be included by default with every new laptop.

Besides, I have the same right to be against a new feature as you have being for it.

To be fair though, I guess it would be OK to add a tuner button into the Spectrum device or a tuner directly into the Amp device. That would be OK. Just don’t make it a whole new effect. I’m not against it just to piss you off in case you were wondering.
I agree with you. It would be cool to add it to Amp. I get your point about it being a separate device. Sorry, I was in a pissy mood the other night. No worries. The max for live tuners are fine for now. Now all I have to do is figure out how to write a patch for micro tuning. Just started delving into Max 7 last night. Huge learning curve for me.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Fender Jaguar, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

lapieuvre
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by lapieuvre » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 pm

ark wrote:Ableton retailers are offering 20% off Live 9 and Push.
Every may and november, Live is on Special.
Mac OSX 10.13.6
Live 9.7.6 Suite
Live 10.1.2 Suite
Soundcards : FF800, Apollo Twin duo

joeyfivecents
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: Augusta, GA USA
Contact:

Re: I predict a major Live+Push update soon

Post by joeyfivecents » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Well, they did it. There's a tuner.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Fender Jaguar, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

Post Reply