Isotonik Studios Presents LaunchControl XXL & LaunchSync PRO

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yur2die4

Re: Isotonik Studios Presents LaunchControl XXL & LaunchSync PRO

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:12 am

The nice thing about all the stuff he mentions is that they are automatic features that just work on their own.

When you open Live, it all automatically works.

This is why it is exciting. The only thing you have to do is install a small file. And have the controller haha

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Updated LaunchSync and LaunchSync PRO to work with touchAble 3...

You can read all about it and watch the videos here....

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/12/w ... ay-wanted/

Cheers
D

mercury007

Post by mercury007 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:33 am

I haven't had any luck in getting it to recognize Touchable 3 as an option to sync with. How do I get it to "see" Touchable 3? I can sync my Push to my Launch Control XL and use Touchable 3 but cannot get Touchable 3 to sync.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:55 am

even following the instructions, i have found the Push + touchAble combo pretty flaky, and there are known bugs at the moment too.

did you turn on the touchAble preference to sync with iPhones/iPads? that needs to be on.

also, on my setup touchAble doesn't show up by name in LaunchSync, it just shows up as "LiveOSC"...

mercury007

Post by mercury007 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:36 am

I did turn on the settings in the touchable 3 app as you and the directions mentioned.

There are three scripts showing up for me: Push, Launchcontrol XXL (both of which are correct) and another one called "Focus Control" - not sure what that is. No LiveOsc showing up for me or touchable script.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:47 am

they definitely have some bugs to iron out. TBH i'm a bit disappointed after the rave review in CDM...

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:47 am

mercury007 wrote:I did turn on the settings in the touchable 3 app as you and the directions mentioned.

There are three scripts showing up for me: Push, Launchcontrol XXL (both of which are correct) and another one called "Focus Control" - not sure what that is. No LiveOsc showing up for me or touchable script.
If there is no LiveOSC remote script showing up then you'll need to install the LaunchSync enabled scripts from the touchAble website, the standard ones do not have the exposure to Max4Live thats required...

We're working on a version thats compatible with all versions of Live 9 and have a new device ready to roll which refines the Push initialisation which has proved problematic on some systems (switching around Push and another controller and back again has usually fixed it but this isn't as desired). It also fixes an issue whereby the touchAble screen would reset to 0 0 when in full screen mode for clips...

This should be out this week following testing thanks for the feedback guys, if theres anything else we've not had it reported!

Cheers
D

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:05 am

S4racen wrote: If there is no LiveOSC remote script showing up then you'll need to install the LaunchSync enabled scripts from the touchAble website, the standard ones do not have the exposure to Max4Live thats required...
btw, i don't think it is mentioned anywhere in the documentation that touchAble will appear as a "LiveOSC" device in LaunchSync. based upon the examples, it is reasonable to expect to see "touchAble" in the drop-down list...

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:41 am

fishmonkey wrote:
S4racen wrote: If there is no LiveOSC remote script showing up then you'll need to install the LaunchSync enabled scripts from the touchAble website, the standard ones do not have the exposure to Max4Live thats required...
btw, i don't think it is mentioned anywhere in the documentation that touchAble will appear as a "LiveOSC" device in LaunchSync. based upon the examples, it is reasonable to expect to see "touchAble" in the drop-down list...
Hoping that will change for the next release.... Agree it is reasonable to expect...

I have made LaunchSync a pay what you want device now, you can have it for free still but if anyone chooses to pay what they think it's worth to them then all profits (after PayPal fees basically) will be donated to Cancer Research....

Cheers
D

mercury007

Post by mercury007 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:31 pm

The devices are excellent but is there a way to sync several devices together?

For example, could I have one master, the Launch Control XL and then have touchable 3, Push, and a Launchpad S all act as slaves? How would I do this, by adding multiple Maxforlive devices? Or does that create problems or instability?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:00 pm

We're just awaiting an update to the touchAble scripts which'll give compatibility to all versions of Live 9...

With that LaunchSync PRO will have up to 5 slaves..

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:03 pm

LaunchSync 1.2.0 sent to all subscribers, handles the Push initialisation bug that was reported on slower systems and refines the Slave choices...

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Updated the PRO versions Encoders functions, now blocks all unwanted messages to unmapped dials, and massively reduced the number of GUI objects to minimise RAM usage...

And the main device is now streamlined, and is just awaiting the next touchAble scripts to be released!

Cheers
D

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:09 pm

hi, it looks great. i'm a bit confused about the new names though. i've bought LaunchSync Pro, which has never worked properly yet. does LaunchSync Pro XL replace LaunchSync Pro?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:27 am

Yes it does, it'll replace the file on SendOwl when released...

We're in the final stages of testin with new touchAble scripts which react to changing the gird size on the iPad...

Cheers
D