Isotonik Studios Presents LaunchControl XXL & LaunchSync PRO

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

Isotonik Studios Presents LaunchControl XXL & LaunchSync PRO

Post by S4racen » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:00 am

The LaunchControl XL has rapidly become my go to controller, it partners so well with pretty much everything else i own, i link it together with my LaunchSync device so that it follows the Red Box of the Push for example...

However i thought it could do with a little bit more and so having worked with Sigabort on developing a remote script for it, we've kept things simple but effective....

https://vimeo.com/111504731

A brief walkthrough to show the features so far....

In addition but not demonstrated is the Device Button acting as Device Lock allowing you to fix the Pots to the currently selected device and continue navigating around your live set....

Subscribe at http://isotonikstudios.com/launchcontrol-xl/

Cheers
D
Last edited by S4racen on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4racen

Re: Isotonik Studios Presents LaunchControl XXL

Post by S4racen » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:18 pm

As featured on Ableton Live Expert!

http://www.ableton-live-expert.com/arti ... ntrol-xxl/

Cheers
D

mercury007

Post by mercury007 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:16 pm

What does this mean:

USER TWO

User 2 has been exposed to Max4Live allowing the more creative to interface directly with the controller without having to disable default functionality!

?

So far, it is pretty amazing!!!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:35 am

Max4live only communicates with factory one preset as standard so you have a job in disabling all the controls before you can use it... If you're in any other preset then max4live relieves no information from the controller...

User 2 freely communicates meaning you can have a separate layer to do your m4l communication with....

Cheers
D

mercury007

Post by mercury007 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:09 pm

That's brilliant!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:16 pm

And after we met with Novation today there's even more in store for this script!

Cheers
D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:08 am

I've gotta say. The Launch Control XL is looking very tempting. Along with their audio interface.

It'd not only be powerful with the features it is growing for Live, but could also be a great option for mobile (ipad) fun.

I'm curious about the user mode functionality, I am in a hurry so I'll have to ask in more detail later.

It has multiple user mode 'pages' ? And there simply store layouts lf cc's? Does it also let you program buttons as notes, and program changes? Plus individual midi channel assignment per parameter?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:14 am

Everything you need to know is here...

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/11/n ... ve-review/

Our Script adds what's missing ;-)

Cheers
D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:42 pm

That happens to be one of my favorite sites haha

Okay, the midi channel question is resolved. It doesn't necessarily show a 'program change' option in midi map mode. Also, it appears that there is one User Mode. So does your script acknowledge User Mode based on the controls' original sysex names, or does it use the factory midi CC's? If I reprogrammed a bunch of faders and buttons, when Max grabs it, it would act as the default, correct?

Samelot

Post by Samelot » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:44 pm

would it be easy to get a controller like Behringer BCF2000 to work with this same functionality?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:55 pm

yur2die4 wrote:That happens to be one of my favorite sites haha

Okay, the midi channel question is resolved. It doesn't necessarily show a 'program change' option in midi map mode. Also, it appears that there is one User Mode. So does your script acknowledge User Mode based on the controls' original sysex names, or does it use the factory midi CC's? If I reprogrammed a bunch of faders and buttons, when Max grabs it, it would act as the default, correct?
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve?

User 2, effectively just allows the Max4Live signal to get through in another mode other than Factory One...

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Samelot wrote:would it be easy to get a controller like Behringer BCF2000 to work with this same functionality?
Interestingly the script was written with a BCF as the donor controller....

Lee's working on a BCF version which should be available in a few weeks if you don't fancy doing it yourself, the LaunchControl XXL script comes in decompiled form so you can see what's going on...

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:53 pm

S4racen wrote:
yur2die4 wrote:That happens to be one of my favorite sites haha

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve?

User 2, effectively just allows the Max4Live signal to get through in another mode other than Factory One...

Cheers
D
But importantly with a different set of Max4Live controls giving complete separation from the Factory One....

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:38 pm

And when combined with LaunchSync Pro...

You can create four banks of mappings that follow the Red Box as you move it with a master controller, this means you can use the Push to Trigger Clips and as you move around your live set it'll update the mapping so you're always looking after Eq with the LaunchControl XL...

Cheers
D

Samelot

Re: Isotonik Studios Presents LaunchControl XXL & LaunchSync PRO

Post by Samelot » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:46 am

Don't know if i could do it on my own :) . I'd think i'd need all the energy i could get to learn how to use this tool properly. Thanks for the info tho