Ableton and Volca series

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crashrock

Ableton and Volca series

Post by crashrock » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:01 am

I recently bought an akai EIE and hooked it up to my computer and connected it through ableton. There is sound that plays through to my monitors so I know that the akai is hooked up properly. When I connect my volca bass, it does not play anything. I can stop and play sequences and add notes on ableton and it will play off the volca. If the headphone jack is connected to the akai no sound is heard. If i unplug the headphone jack then sound will play through the volca bass. If I directly hit a note on the volca bass nothing happens and no sound comes through to ableton and you hear nothing. Does anyone have any experience or know how to connect the volca's to ableton? I am very new to this and any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Zubben

Re: Ableton and Volca series

Post by Zubben » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:36 am

You probably need a mono mini jack to mono jack.
try pulling the jack half way out on the sound card and see if sound comes out.

crashrock

Re: Ableton and Volca series

Post by crashrock » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:05 am

so i have mono interconnect 3.5mm TS to 1/4in TS. However when I pull the half way out i hear sound. I cant adjust the volume with the channel gain on the soundcard. I still get no midi info that gets registered into ableton. The only thing that happens is that the sound level and midi level bars rise.