Live 2.0, M-audio delta, OSX 10.2 stereo inputs only!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
amwintx

Live 2.0, M-audio delta, OSX 10.2 stereo inputs only!

Post by amwintx » Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:20 pm

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Live 2.0 and seemingly lost the ability to select mono inputs from from my M-audio delta tdif card as live inputs. The only options I have in the live input drop down box are stereo pairs of channels 1-8. I still have Live 1.5.2 installed and with no config changes from 2.0, I can still see 1-8 as stereo pairs or 1-8 individually as mono channels. Is anyone else having this problem? Is this a known issue?

Thanks for the help.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:40 am

Hi amwintx,

In Live 2, the BusView contains an output and input section. In the input section you can set the input gain for every mono channel AND an link button for every stereo channel pair.
If this link button is on you can adjust the gain for both mono channels AND this stereo channel appears as a stereo in track's input routing.
If this link button is off you can adjust different gain for each mono channels and both channels appear as seperate mono channels in track's input routing.

The in/out gain and link settings are stored in the document and not with the audio settings. So as result if you make "New Live Set" you have always link on for all input channels. So if you want to have your own link/gain configuration you have to set this in a template song. if you do this, everytime you make new you'll have the desired link/gain settings.

Unfortunately there is a bug in Live 2 so that if you load a song (or template) with a 'Live In' input routing in a track it will be routed back to the first available input channel instead to the one that is stored in the song. We'll fix that as soon as possible.

regards,
Alex

amwintx

Thanks for the info, 1 more question

Post by amwintx » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:29 am

Alex,

Thanks! I didn't understand that the bus view was the place to unlink the stereo outputs, now I have the functionality I was looking for!

Another question: I have two 8 channel Delta TDIF cards and a Tascam DM-24, is there any way in Live 2.0 to send 16 simultaneous outputs out of live to the mixer. It seems like I am forced to pick one card or the other for my output device (meaning that only 8 outputs are available).

Thanks in advance.

Adam