Pitting Musician’s Friend against Guitar Center.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Pitting Musician’s Friend against Guitar Center.

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 pm

As far as I know Guitar Center owns Musician’s Friend. I got an email from Guitar Center with a 15% off coupon. Sweet. Minutes later I got an email from Musician’s Friend for 20% off. Super sweet. I plan to go into Guitar Center and ask them if they too will do the 20% off or let me walk. I’ll let you know how it goes.

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends

Re: Pitting Musician’s Friend against Guitar Center.

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:43 pm

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:08 pm

No tax if you buy from MF...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:22 pm

I’m going for the Maschine Studio.

MF charges sales tax in CA. I did the maths. CA sales tax is 9.25%. Tempting to get it from a retailer outside CA that doesn’t charge tax, but 15% off with tax is cheaper…and 20% off even cheaper.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:45 am

They honored the 20%. In and out in 5 minutes without hassle. Got Maschine Studio for $870 instead of $1,100. :)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 am

beats me wrote:They honored the 20%. In and out in 5 minutes without hassle. Got Maschine Studio for $870 instead of $1,100. :)
congrats 8)

Enjoy your new toy :D

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:45 pm

I didn't hand my money over to Bain Capital. I handed it over to some local kid and it should help him keep a job.

Most of the time I hand my money over to a faceless entity on a monitor and my purchase arrives at my door by truck.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Have fun. Don't poke at the displays.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Tarekith wrote:Don't poke at the displays.
I did. :lol:

Just played with it briefly. It’s going to take some getting used to. I get a kick out of the startup light show. :lol: I downloaded the manual to the iPad. I thought it might be easier to print out the manual at work so I can quickly revisit things using the post-it tag method but its almost 750 pages. 8O

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:51 pm

beats me wrote: I downloaded the manual to the iPad. I thought it might be easier to print out the manual at work so I can quickly revisit things using the post-it tag method but its almost 750 pages. 8O
Good thing! Printing manuals is soooo 1999...

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Da hand wrote:
beats me wrote: I downloaded the manual to the iPad. I thought it might be easier to print out the manual at work so I can quickly revisit things using the post-it tag method but its almost 750 pages. 8O

Yeah but trying to find something on a 750 page PDF isn’t fun either. I’m sure there are probably ways to tag things for quick jumping and I’ll just have to get with the times and learn it.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:21 pm

beats me wrote:
Da hand wrote:

Yeah but trying to find something on a 750 page PDF isn’t fun either. I’m sure there are probably ways to tag things for quick jumping and I’ll just have to get with the times and learn it.
Yes there are. The easiest is to actually add a "sticky note" anywhere you want in the document, with the text you want (if you don't have the sticky note button on the toolbar already, you can show the sticky note button by going to View > Show/Hide > Toolbar Items > Comment > Sticky Note). The stickies are then listed in the Annotations list (View > Comments > Annotations). So you can have that panel open on the side, you click on the sticky you want listed and it instantly takes you to the sticky ;)

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Da hand wrote:Yes there are. The easiest is to actually add a "sticky note" anywhere you want in the document, with the text you want (if you don't have the sticky note button on the toolbar already, you can show the sticky note button by going to View > Show/Hide > Toolbar Items > Comment > Sticky Note). The stickies are then listed in the Annotations list (View > Comments > Annotations). So you can have that panel open on the side, you click on the sticky you want listed and it instantly takes you to the sticky ;)

Are you talking about iPad options?