A BCR2000 script which respects track banking?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

Re: A BCR2000 script which respects track banking?

Post by S4racen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Now released...

http://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/bcr/

Have a look and see if it meets your needs...

Cheers
D

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Hmm, I'll have to take a look at this.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Let us know what you think... The new utility device will be configured for it after we've done the LaunchControl XXL version...

Cheers
D

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 pm

It looks fascinating, and I already use my BCR quite a bit.
OK I just grabbed it!

I'm flying out to Ireland tomorrow, but I can see I might be staying up late tonight playing around with this.
Usually I have my BCR mapped slightly differently from the suggested layout, but I can see how the approach here might work.
Do you think the Preset.txt file could someday be widened in scope to include alternative mappings. Or alternatively include a mappings.py which just has the definitions?

I actually use two of those bottom four 'control' buttons as "play selected scene" and "stop all clips", and I've used it that way for so long it's second nature now. I'll have to work around this somehow.

d.coder

Post by d.coder » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:31 pm

deleted

d.coder

Post by d.coder » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:33 pm

S4racen wrote:Now released...

http://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/bcr/

Have a look and see if it meets your needs...

Cheers
D
Is it possible to lock to a device from the bcr?

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:37 pm

d.coder - not in the current release, but this will be added to the next update due in a couple of weeks time, along with 32 parameter mode
angstrom - i'm currently doing an editor for the knob mappings but this might be something else I can look into - are you just MIDI mapping the launch buttons? If so, I can probably enable some of the other buttons for MIDI mapping

d.coder

Post by d.coder » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Cool, I'm looking forward!
Are you using absolute or relative_smooth_two_compliment mode for the encoders?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi Sigabort, I was away for a few days.

I'd be using your BCR remote script with Isotonik Launchsync so the Launchpad and BCR would be unified into one mega controller. That would mean I wouldn't need the BCR to control its own selection ring. I'd be using the launchpad for the track and clip focus/ moving the focus ring around. This would theoretically liberate the four BCR control buttons for other purposes.

If you release & enable them ;-)
sigabort wrote: are you just MIDI mapping the launch buttons? If so, I can probably enable some of the other buttons for MIDI mapping
Now that I look again I can see that it's my own Remote Script, one of those old text-based ones located in ProgramData\Ableton\Live x.x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\

Now that I have looked at it again I see that it's the main transport controls I have mapped in my remote script. My mapping is a bit more mixer-like and uses the lowest encoder row as volume, the two middle rows as sends, and the top "encoder groups" as group1 being for macros of the selected track, with group 2-4 as user assigned midi mappings. I use the top row encoder touch for select track, as you do.

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:16 pm

cool... I've rejigged some buttons for the next release and introduced a few other options so you'll be able to grab the 4 bottom buttons as you need...

I think i'll wait till the editor is done before looking at making the position of the encoder rows configurable

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Excellent. I forgot to mention, but the combination of this and the launchsync is very good.
the missing link.

ta.

---

BTW - in my mapping I use the top rows of buttons for mute and arm, rather than for mute and solo, because using the buttons for arm allows me to see LEDs indicating the armed status of all the tracks. In your mapping the arm status is invisible.
In a perfect world I'd hope to swap your solo and record arm function locations.

I often play two tracks at once (EG: lead and pad), so I like that visual LED indication of track arm status to avoid loud noises!
Solo status is usually apparent audibly so is less reliant on an LED signifier (you can hear only drums? that means the drums are soloed!).

As it stands, I'll simply send the arm status to my iPad over OSC ;-)

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 pm

+1 on a script for the BCF :) Need to get my BCR working for I can snag this for my live set!
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:01 pm

it's on the list if there's enough interest...