What did you bought on Back Friday Sale ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ekwipt

Re: What did you bought on Back Friday Sale ?

Post by ekwipt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - it's so check compared to a couple of years ago, same algos... pumped

Also cleared my cart on Beatport, wish i had more time to go through tracks i want/need

will also buy Ableton Push before the years out

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:37 pm

I checked the Synapse Audio website on a whim and found they had cut the price of Dune 2 down to $119 for Black Friday. I'd been waiting since its release for a sale price, so I snatched it up. Then I spent the next several hours wandering through the presets and FX chains, and dreaming of new music. :wink:
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Let's all quit our jobs and start a traveling Ableton Live orchestra

I want a. More free time, and b. More fun with Ableton Live (and the required funds, plus money for food etc.)

I promise you guys that I crack under pressure and churn out the sloppiest squeaks and bleeps out there. When it comes to building anticipation, I'm like a soggy wet balloon that can't even make a popping noise.

On that note, I need a way to consider myself 'deficient' in some kind of manner so that people who aee drastically disappointed by my performance can still be 'proud of my personal accomplishments'.

Who's in

Oh, and it is Cyber Monday

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:06 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Let's all quit our jobs and start a traveling Ableton Live orchestra
Too late, I just signed my new contract for work today...

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Anything I might want isn’t on sale and I’m not really interested in things that are. If you only have a handful of NI instruments/libraries then their 50% those might be attractive, but as a KU9 owner the few things they do have on sale individually that are in KU10 will be cheaper overall when just bought with the KU10 upgrade 50% off sale in the summer. Why would I buy Action Strikes for $150 now when I can get that and everything else for $200 total in the summer?

I think they came out with 3 – 4 new instruments when they dropped K10/KU10, but of course those new individual instruments aren’t part of their 50% off sale. :?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 pm

beats me wrote: Why would I buy Action Strikes for $150 now when I can get that and everything else for $200 total in the summer?
Usually that is because you'd need it. I'm pretty good talking myself into what I need.
Make some music!

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
beats me wrote: Why would I buy Action Strikes for $150 now when I can get that and everything else for $200 total in the summer?
Usually that is because you'd need it. I'm pretty good talking myself into what I need.

I can understand that, but there’s also a lot of GAS this time of year from people who already have an ass ton of stuff they don’t use (from previous GAS ventures).

I think $300 for some of NI’s sample libraries is a little much, especially when you find out how limited your control actually is. $150 isn’t much better given that. I think NI’s advertising team rivals even Apple’s.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:47 pm

@sporkles, I think I can't resist that Cinesamples Core bundle package either. I Have until midnight tonight to make the decision. It will be by far the most I've ever spent on a plug in, but hey at least it's not as expensive as the comparative VSL libraries! It's been years since I spent over 200 on a plug in actually..

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Machines: I was going to buy the bundle, but I figured I've spent so much money on percussion over the years and lately that I went for strings, winds and brass only (and gave myself a good pat on the back for showing such immense restraint). Before I can even dream of putting these things to use in practice, I have to upgrade my setup; the libraries are quite monstrous, and my 2011 8GB RAM laptop is starting to show its age... :( I guess I should spend some time getting familiar with the patches in the meantime.

Yikes... Loading a patch called "13 cellos articulations" is taking so long I seriously forgot what I was doing. This is definitely not the library to go to for quickly jotting down orchestral ideas. :D My first impression is that it sounds good, but maybe the CineSymphony Lite bundle would be a good companion as a track-starter/sketchpad.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:01 pm

beats me wrote:there’s also a lot of GAS this time of year from people who already have an ass ton of stuff they don’t use (from previous GAS ventures). .
Yes, I use only a few items of Komplete 9, but the thing about collections like that isn't to use everything, but to have instruments and tools at disposal when you do need it. IMHO you need to decide what to focus on within the collection.

I resisted getting Waves Gold and instead focused on Waves Renaissance Bass, Renaissance Channel, the classic C1 Compressor and L1. I wanted the C6 multiband compressor as well, but that dreadful offline Waves installer prevented me from trying out anything after I installed Waves Gold demo, so I didn't dare risk it. The pathetic VISE-installer just refused to install Renaissance or single plug-ins. I was surprised I could install anything. It shall be interesting to see how Waves will handle this.

I've been trying T-racks for a while, but I decided I don't like the sounds I'm getting with my sources. That's one reason for just getting some Waves stuff that I most certainly will use, in the tracks I work on now at least. That Scheps 73 EQ on my Tremor snare was wonderful news. Mmmmm.
Make some music!

uthemus

Post by uthemus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:56 am

Cyber Monday is almost over and I've managed to only spend money on an Anker Powered USB hub. Be.......STRONG.......

I'm trying to stay away from NI site -- they're way too tactical. I might end up purchasing a sample pack before the clock strikes 12.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:08 am

Fuck. I forgot to shop for USB hubs. I need at least one more, with USB3. My current one is being used by another setup :/

uthemus

Post by uthemus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:13 am

I bought this one because it has a pretty aluminum finish and matches my macbook pro :o . Anker products are pretty reliable.

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Aluminum ... SDK43KW6AJ

FrankieP

Post by FrankieP » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:57 am

Soundtoys Native Bundle and Brainworx bx_digital v2.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:16 am

the hub looks very good (the anker one)