NI sale - what to get (have komplete)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
swishniak

NI sale - what to get (have komplete)

Post by swishniak » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:44 pm

i have a 25 eu credit with them and with these sales.. i already have the current komplete. thinking about picking up razor. anyone have thoughts on what else is worth it?

beats me

Re: NI sale - what to get (have komplete)

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:54 pm

I keep posting this in other threads, but if you already have Komplete why not wait until summer to upgrade to Ultimate for 50% off? You’ll get everything for cheap.

Wait, what version of Komplete do you have that doesn’t already include Razor?

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:52 pm

interesting - i didnt know anything about summer upgrades. tell me more.

razor isnt included in non-ultimate komplete 10.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:06 pm

I was hoping for a Komplete discount but as was posted by another member NI has a very predictable pattern, 50% discounts on individual instruments and libraries during the holidays and 50% discounts on Komplete upgrades/crossgrades during the summer. They mentioned some other time of the year when they do discounts on hardware too.

I thought Razor came with all Komplete versions at this point.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:11 pm

ok - thanks for the info - im new to the strange world of NI updates / discounts.

but: "E-voucher cannot be used on special offers. Please see the e-voucher terms and conditions.."

blah

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:50 pm

I was once able to use an e-voucher that supposedly expired 2 months before I used it. You can always put something in the cart and see if the discount applies after entering the code.

I was hoping to get an e-voucher I could use towards a Maschine expansion pack or 2, but no dice. Crappy Christmas from NI to me this year.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Huh... I can't remember specifically buying Razor either (I'm still on K8 normal).

Also: yeah, it sucks when token coupons can't be slapped on top of special sales discounts; same goes for shitty "-off-your-next-purchase-must-be-used-within-10-days" coupons. Things like that just piss me off. If a company really wants to show us that they value us as customers, they'll give us a little more goodwill than this.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:27 pm

sporkles wrote:Huh... I can't remember specifically buying Razor either (I'm still on K8 normal).

Also: yeah, it sucks when token coupons can't be slapped on top of special sales discounts; same goes for shitty "-off-your-next-purchase-must-be-used-within-10-days" coupons. Things like that just piss me off. If a company really wants to show us that they value us as customers, they'll give us a little more goodwill than this.

My favorite this year is the daily emails I’ve gotten from Guitar Center since Wednesday.

15% OFF

single qualifying item

Unshockingly anything I am interested in isn't a qualifying item.