touchAble 3 is out! Now connects via simple USB cable & more

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

Re: touchAble 3 is out! Now connects via simple USB cable & more

Post by S4racen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Not sure, but we worked with touchAble on the integration, don't think anyone else has to my knowledge...

Cheers
D

mai

Post by mai » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Ok, thanks anyway. In my opinion this is a huge disadvantage when working with touchAble and Push. It's very confusing. I always don't know where I am currently - at least if try to avoid looking to the monitor (and thats the reason I use controllers like touchAble and Push)...

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 am

mai wrote:Ok, thanks anyway. In my opinion this is a huge disadvantage when working with touchAble and Push. It's very confusing. I always don't know where I am currently - at least if try to avoid looking to the monitor (and thats the reason I use controllers like touchAble and Push)...
Therefore a huge reason to get Max4Live....

Cheers
D

mai

Post by mai » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Yes, you're right. But there are just a few little features I would need when buying M4L. I guess a runtime version of M4L would be more than enough for me. Just need a better integration of hardware synths (better MIDI support), and some improvements for Push...

Therefor the complete M4L version is too expensive - and in my opinion Ableton should implement things like this in the standard version (in times of the comeback of hardware).

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:49 pm

mai wrote:I guess a runtime version of M4L would be more than enough for me.
It's not going to happen...

What you're asking for is Ableton to implement a change request caused by an external script, for free essentially...

If you want that functionality, you're going to have to pay for it, whether it be an external script from Stray or Max4Live...

Cheers
D

mai

Post by mai » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:35 pm

No no, I don't ask to get a runtime version for free - I just hope that this will be a future "feature" in a major update (AL10?). I assume that this would be a huge reason for many users to pay for the next version of AL. And I think it's just fair to being not forced to pay the whole developer package, if you just need 2-3 patches.
S4racen wrote:It's not going to happen...
Why do you think this? Because you don't believe that Ableton is fair enough to go this step, or do you see that from a technical point of view - maybe it's technically not possible?

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:54 pm

I imagine that Live alone is a very powerful tool.

To get m4l features, whether they be singular or in the multiples, you do the full upgrade.

Although it would be interesting if Ableton offered an 'intermediate' max/live option with editing turned off.

Still, that too would probably cost money, and it is easier for Ableton to deal with the full thing instead of dividing markets (because when people want max features badly enough, they'll upgrade, plus if you're dealing with different 'versions' it makes for more of a headache in their department at loss in income).

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:19 pm

"iPads & iPhones Link Mode: combine several Devices to one big control surface."

Any idea how to do this? It is not described in the manual at all.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Some of their online vids might describe it.

In preferences there is a button to hit that shows a grid with a rectangle. The rectangle is a representation of how the devices will act in relation to one another. I'm really only going off of memory as I haven't played with it.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 pm

joeyfivecents wrote:"iPads & iPhones Link Mode: combine several Devices to one big control surface."

Any idea how to do this? It is not described in the manual at all.
Link iPAds in the application preferences... You can then arrange the grids...

Cheers
D

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:35 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Some of their online vids might describe it.

In preferences there is a button to hit that shows a grid with a rectangle. The rectangle is a representation of how the devices will act in relation to one another. I'm really only going off of memory as I haven't played with it.
I did that successfully but nothing changed. Has anyone done this successfully? Screenshot.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

h4nc0

Post by h4nc0 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:45 am

Installed the latest release (3.0.2) on Mac OS X Yosemite and app doesn't run. Anyone else?

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:56 am

h4nc0 wrote:Installed the latest release (3.0.2) on Mac OS X Yosemite and app doesn't run. Anyone else?
I can't seem to connect anymore, just hangs on connecting to live :/
Live 9.1.8
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 am

...all running smooth here (i'm on 10.8.5)...have you reinstalled the script? open touchable on your computer, select "reinstall script", point touchable to your ableton installation and press install...maybe reselect touchable in your ableton midi prefs...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2