touchAble 3 is out! Now connects via simple USB cable & more

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kitekrazy

Re: touchAble 3 is out! Now connects via simple USB cable & more

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:21 pm

db120 wrote:
Division Monarchy wrote:I just bought it. Doesn't seem to work. Sent support email. So far bad impression of this app. It's actually shit. Connection issues with USB. That's how bad it is.
That's an unfair statement right there. Out of thousands of ios apps I've tried it's one of a handful that makes an ipad worth the purchase. They've always been super responsive IME, try their forum too.
I wonder if he is using a Windows OS.

BTW anyone using this with Windows?

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:23 pm

mai wrote:I still wasted my money on buying the "Device Template Pack". There is a heavy bug which still isn't fixed (like many others). If you have your instruments/FX in racks it doesn't work! Also if you're using groups (organised tracks) this will not work.

So, just buy this Device Pack if you're shure you don't work with groups or racks.
Hey mai,
the templates should definitely work with Racks (from Live 9) as well as Group tracks - could you explain a little more what is going wrong?

@Division Monarchy - i can't relate any ticket on support to your name - did your issue get sorted yet?

Cheers,
Chris

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Some things are sorted, but I still get connection issues with USB and I'm using a Mac. And there are some interface bugs, for example with the Operator device the envelop is all messed up when I make an adjustment. Some parameters I cannot find or access, like drawing in a user wave... I'm not sure what other issues are beyond that, because getting dropped connections with a USB cable has not made this a very inspiring app for me. In general, I expect my apps to behave a certain way and when they are frustrating off the bat I usually delete them and get a refund. I have not yet with this one, but I am really disappointed. It's a great app in theory though.

madlab

Post by madlab » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:57 am

Division Monarchy wrote:Some things are sorted, but I still get connection issues with USB and I'm using a Mac. And there are some interface bugs, for example with the Operator device the envelop is all messed up when I make an adjustment. Some parameters I cannot find or access, like drawing in a user wave... I'm not sure what other issues are beyond that, because getting dropped connections with a USB cable has not made this a very inspiring app for me. In general, I expect my apps to behave a certain way and when they are frustrating off the bat I usually delete them and get a refund. I have not yet with this one, but I am really disappointed. It's a great app in theory though.
I guess you should program your own perfect app.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:26 am

madlab wrote:
Division Monarchy wrote:Some things are sorted, but I still get connection issues with USB and I'm using a Mac. And there are some interface bugs, for example with the Operator device the envelop is all messed up when I make an adjustment. Some parameters I cannot find or access, like drawing in a user wave... I'm not sure what other issues are beyond that, because getting dropped connections with a USB cable has not made this a very inspiring app for me. In general, I expect my apps to behave a certain way and when they are frustrating off the bat I usually delete them and get a refund. I have not yet with this one, but I am really disappointed. It's a great app in theory though.
I guess you should program your own perfect app.
I'm a musician. Not a programmer.

madlab

Post by madlab » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:51 pm

That's my point : you shouldn't be so harsh if you don't understand the problems lying under app programming. I'm just a max intermediate to advanced programmer but I can tell you I had a hard time doing things that seem simple just because I lacked clear structural elements from Ableton. Touchable is a very clever and efficient app, I trust its hard working and very responsive developpers. Just my two cents.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Still, I am sure they appreciate constructive input. If one person has issues and they are able to resolve it, it will improve the experience for other users. It is sort of the ultimate challenge which they constantly work at.

I'd like to point out though, the overtone bars in operator are inaccessible except directly on Live itself. Not a limitation that Touchable has any control over.

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:43 pm

madlab wrote:That's my point : you shouldn't be so harsh if you don't understand the problems lying under app programming. I'm just a max intermediate to advanced programmer but I can tell you I had a hard time doing things that seem simple just because I lacked clear structural elements from Ableton. Touchable is a very clever and efficient app, I trust its hard working and very responsive developpers. Just my two cents.
I'm just pointing out flaws that I am experiencing with it. Maybe my tone is a bit harsh, however I am beyond frustrated wasting my time with software that doesn't deliver. That's not something for any developer to take personally. The developers of this seem like nice people. That is separate from the fact that so far I have found this app counter intuitive to my workflow. I buy apps to use not troubleshoot, which feels like all I've been doing lately. I wish I knew how to be a developer, I tried teaching myself only to realize I don't have the brain for it and I wold be better off practicing my arpeggios.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:46 am

Anyone using this in Windows?

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:46 am

kitekrazy wrote:Anyone using this in Windows?

Yes, all the time. Works 100% fine and is now indispensable to my workflow. I use it with both a Dell desktop and a Toshiba laptop.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

signaltod

Post by signaltod » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:46 pm

I have installed the touchAble 331a x64 Server. After the installation, the tray icon is shortly showing up.
If I want to click on it (right mouseclick). The tray icon get´s lost (close) and I have no possibility to reinstall any script.

TouchAble 331a x64
PC 64 bit
Win 10 Pro 64 bit

During the installation, there is a message:
Ableton Live was not found automatically - please install the control surface manually using the touchAbleServer tray application.

Windows Protocol:
Anwendung: touchAbleServer.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.DllNotFoundException
bei touchAbleServer.Console.MainForm.touchAbleServerStart(Int32)
bei touchAbleServer.Console.MainForm..ctor(Boolean, Int32, System.String[])
bei touchAbleServer.Console.Program.Main(System.String[])

Can someone help me?

ab

Post by ab » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Edit:
The people over at Touchable says no.
a
---
Hi
Is it possible to merge two template setups from different ipads with two different templates?
Thank you
Arne

adieb527

Post by adieb527 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Don't know where else to post this but I'm currently using the public beta of live 10 and can confirm Touchable is currently working on windows, I'm running touchable on a version 1 ipad. I just copied the remote scripts from my live 9 folder and pasted. No modifications needed.

Hopefully we will hear back from the developers soon.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm

adieb527 wrote:Don't know where else to post this but I'm currently using the public beta of live 10 and can confirm Touchable is currently working on windows, I'm running touchable on a version 1 ipad. I just copied the remote scripts from my live 9 folder and pasted. No modifications needed.

Hopefully we will hear back from the developers soon.

Awesome, thanks. Was waiting for this before I start moving to 10.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

maky355

Post by maky355 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:03 pm

madlab wrote:That's my point : you shouldn't be so harsh if you don't understand the problems lying under app programming. I'm just a max intermediate to advanced programmer but I can tell you I had a hard time doing things that seem simple just because I lacked clear structural elements from Ableton. Touchable is a very clever and efficient app, I trust its hard working and very responsive developpers. Just my two cents.
Stop producing nonsense. Touchable is buggy. I reported bugs to them and they confirmed them. And no fix after some time - i asked and got refund from Apple store.

But you should not speak crap on forums because you are "advanced programmer". Who cares? They advertised and selling something which is not working as described. Ahaha so ok i need to be happy and not be unhappy because programming is hard. Come on.

And now it is abandoned pretty much. They even shut down their own forums because there was ton of issues reported there. Like mostly 90% of threads where issue related on their forum. So they looked bad in public. Shutting down forum just made it "they crossed line" for me and yes i will speak.

Yes thankfully i got money returned but time was WASTED.

OP: i also used it on windows. Wifi was working like for 30 minutes then it pooed itself. There where screen syncing issues plus connection dropouts.

Btw i use Conductr over WIFI - no ANY issues. Zero. number 0. Right from Start. Never single issue. On top of that i use Integra 7 ipad controller. Guess what. No issues.

Lemur - no issues.

Touchable - issues.

But yeah it's my fault. These new generations are great. If i have a issue and internet nobody does not - it must be me causing problem. While at the same time every other app working flawless on ipad. Ok.

Offtopic - didn't they said on their FB page they are working on new and improved app which will replace Touchable anyway?