touchAble 3 is out! Now connects via simple USB cable & more

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fishmonkey

Re: touchAble 3 is out! Now connects via simple USB cable & more

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 pm

there is a touchAble update available. it has support for Live 10, and a server update.

and apparently you can now access DrumPads that are nested in other Racks (i've never tried to do that, so i have no idea what that means in practice).

Muze

Post by Muze » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:20 pm

Including Wavetable?

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Muze wrote:Including Wavetable?
yep. as in it gives you control over Wavetable. there is no template for it yet though, so no pretty display.
Last edited by fishmonkey on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alec.tron

Post by alec.tron » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Now if they just were to split the in-app-purchase Templates from the main app and make it 2 separate apps... I have no use for the main app as I use Push for all, but I'm not a fan of page cycling for device parameters via push, so the touchable3 templates could be interesting for controlling only the devices... oh well, guess I stick to PULL for the time being, once the L10 update is out.
c.

Muze

Post by Muze » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:56 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
Muze wrote:Including Wavetable?
yep. as in it gives you control over Wavetable. there is no template for it yet though, so no pretty display.
That's what I wanted, they need to make it clearer in their writeup what it supports

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:09 am

It does support wavetable though. The templates are good but they're hardly essential. I've recently rediscovered midi clip editing on touchable. Its great. Like ableton itself, touchable does have flaws but the api implementation is pretty extensive. I don't get how people can get so irked by it. It stil costs less than any hardware and even if this was the only reason you had to buy an ipad, the resulting controller would be proportionate to a push in cost value. I've not had a problem that is worse than a guitar string breaking or a cable coming out