touchAble 3 is out! Now connects via simple USB cable & more

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fishmonkey

Re: touchAble 3 is out! Now connects via simple USB cable & more

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:17 am

h4nc0 wrote:Installed the latest release (3.0.2) on Mac OS X Yosemite and app doesn't run. Anyone else?
same here, the touchAble server won't launch...

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:05 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
h4nc0 wrote:Installed the latest release (3.0.2) on Mac OS X Yosemite and app doesn't run. Anyone else?
same here, the touchAble server won't launch...
Same here

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:04 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...all running smooth here (i'm on 10.8.5)...have you reinstalled the script? open touchable on your computer, select "reinstall script", point touchable to your ableton installation and press install...maybe reselect touchable in your ableton midi prefs...
I fought with it for at least an hour or more, I tried all of these things (I'm pretty good at troubleshooting) and also tried WIFI vs. USB, rebooting everything, reinstalling everything, etc... nothing worked. Touchable won't update the set on the iPad; I can press play and stop from the iPad and that's it.

I thought I was crazy... sounds like we have some issues with the update with Ableton. I didn't do anything with Touchable, it just stopped working but I had noticed that Ableton auto updated to 9.1.8

I updated Touchable after the fact because it had stopped working.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:08 pm

...after the 9.1.8 update i had to reinstall the script but that's it...stupid question: did you hit the "install" button after you pointed touchable to the "new" ableton live version?...at first i missed that so that's why i'm asking...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:23 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...after the 9.1.8 update i had to reinstall the script but that's it...stupid question: did you hit the "install" button after you pointed touchable to the "new" ableton live version?...at first i missed that so that's why i'm asking...
Yep, I tried reinstalling the script to the updated version a few times... still didn't want to work.

Are you still on 10.8.5? It looks like it could be a combination of Yosemite, Live, and Touchable causing the problems.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Did you try completely removing all touchable scripts from the Live directory? The version of itunes might also be a factor.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:25 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Did you try completely removing all touchable scripts from the Live directory? The version of itunes might also be a factor.
That I have not tried, and I will over my lunch today. Thanks for the suggestion.

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:29 pm

...yep...still on 10.8.5...on their facebook site there are also some people reporting issues with 10.10.3 and the update...strange, since the touchable guys were aware of some problems regarding yosemite....maybe you should contact them directly via email...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:39 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...yep...still on 10.8.5...on their facebook site there are also some people reporting issues with 10.10.3 and the update...strange, since the touchable guys were aware of some problems regarding yosemite....maybe you should contact them directly via email...
good call

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Sorry guys,
We've had a permissions issue in the installer. We've reuploaded the package with the fix, so any of you having issues on Mac - please redownload 3.0.2 and install it. It should work better this time. Sorry for the trouble!!

Chris

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Airyck wrote:
I can't seem to connect anymore, just hangs on connecting to live :/
Live 9.1.8
Hey Airyck,

could you send us your Log.txt ? it's in /Users/[your username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 9.1.8/Log.txt
maybe there's a clue why it hangs with that error for you!

Cheers

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Sure, it'll have to wait until I'm home from work though unfortunately.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:56 am

Chris / touchAble wrote:Sorry guys,
We've had a permissions issue in the installer. We've reuploaded the package with the fix, so any of you having issues on Mac - please redownload 3.0.2 and install it. It should work better this time. Sorry for the trouble!!

Chris
i just tried the 3.0.2a installer and have managed to get things working with some more trial and error and wasted time.

you guys need to update your documentation. it still says that there is a touchAble Console. and the installer itself says it's installing the Console, and that it "Removed the touchAble Console".

and then the iPad app complains that the scripts are out of date, even though i just reinstalled them with the Server.

and the server is still spamming my Console logs with spurious errors, even when it is connected up and working, e.g.

23/04/2015 10:53:53.297 am com.apple.usbmuxd[90]: SCEDeviceSocketCallback Client 0x100603770-touchAble/com.zerodebug.touchAble connect to 0x2 failed, connection failed with error 61 - Connection refused

months back you said that you were going to fix this issue. if you don't want to or can't, then please provide the option of manually starting and stopping the touchAble Server. it is a PITA having to nuke the Launch Agent and then reinstall it to use touchAble.

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:44 am

Hey fishmonkey,

Yes, sorry the documentation-update is still missing..
but as to your other issues: those are exactly the problems this update is about. You can quit the Server at any time now using the 'Quit' menu item. This also disables the Launch Agent until you restart the Server manually.
These Messages are in fact, not error messages, but system messages that are inevitably shown when the Server tries to connect to a connected iDevice, but fails because touchAble is not running on the iDevice. This might also be a Phone that's connected while another iPad uses touchAble. We can not change/remove them since they are hidden deep in some apple framework.
So absolutely nothting to worry about, and silencable if you need to now.

Sorry for the inconveniences - hope most are resolved with this update

Chris

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:06 am

Chris / touchAble wrote:Hey fishmonkey,

Yes, sorry the documentation-update is still missing..
but as to your other issues: those are exactly the problems this update is about. You can quit the Server at any time now using the 'Quit' menu item. This also disables the Launch Agent until you restart the Server manually.
These Messages are in fact, not error messages, but system messages that are inevitably shown when the Server tries to connect to a connected iDevice, but fails because touchAble is not running on the iDevice. This might also be a Phone that's connected while another iPad uses touchAble. We can not change/remove them since they are hidden deep in some apple framework.
So absolutely nothting to worry about, and silencable if you need to now.

Sorry for the inconveniences - hope most are resolved with this update

Chris
thanks for the info, being able to quit and restart is good.

erm, it is most certainly an error message though. why does the server need to continuously attempt to connect to all iDevices in that manner? i use other apps that have iPad apps, and they don't continually cause this error message. there must be a better way to implement things.