Push's touchstrip as a Modwheel, finally !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
irrelevance

Re: Push's touchstrip as a Modwheel, finally !

Post by irrelevance » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:35 am

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
Valiumdupeuple wrote:Do you run any 3rd party remote script or something like that ?
How can it be anything other than the modwheel device that accesses the modwheel...!?
The device sets the data value but does not seem to care what happens once it's set i.e change the value in live or even delete the device and the touchstrip doesn't update nor does it care that these actions have been performed. Not a big deal just don't delete device before returning the track to pitch bend oterwise it's perma mod wheel.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:14 am

Ah ok, there's only a problem when you delete the device.
Just make sure to go back to pitch bend mode before deleting the device. I can't do anything with that, it's a m4l issue.

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:47 pm

No probs it seems nice and stable between project loads and flipping between tracks so it's solid. Would be nice to see touchstrip updated when values change in live other than that it's cool.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:53 pm

irrelevance wrote:No probs it seems nice and stable between project loads and flipping between tracks so it's solid. Would be nice to see touchstrip updated when values change in live other than that it's cool.
Sorry, I'd love to but can't do that either. For a mysterious reason it seems like they didn't implement a way to control the touchstrip LEDs from Live/M4L. Or if they did, then the the way to do it must have been kept secret !

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:07 am

Just got this & all it does is still do the pitch bend, only difference is the bend doesn't reset to original value. It is set to Mod Wheel & I'm using the most recent updates...

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:21 am

Actually, this device gives me no mod wheel functionality, only pitch bend. If I turn the ModValue knob I hear it, but not from the strip at all, which is the reason I bought this device...

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Have you tried changing its function from "Modwheel" to "Pitchbend" and back to the former? I sometimes have to do that upon initialising a track or rack containing this device. Otherwise it works beautifully.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:13 pm

tedlogan wrote:Have you tried changing its function from "Modwheel" to "Pitchbend" and back to the former? I sometimes have to do that upon initialising a track or rack containing this device. Otherwise it works beautifully.
Yep, please try what Tedlogan just said and let me know how it goes.

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:39 pm

I have done that & I have the same result. It is just not working.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Do you run any 3rd party remote script or something like that ?
What Max version (I don't recommend using Max7) ?

You said it works when using the ModValue encoder. Does its value move when you use the touchstrip in modwheel mode ?
Is there any other midi filtering device before TouchWheel ?
Did you make a simple test like the one I do in the device presentation video, with just TouchWheel and an Expression Control device after it to monitor what's going out of the device ?
Please also try with no other midi devices connected to your computer.
Oh, and maybe just download the device again. Maybe the file has been somewhat corrupted during the download.

I can't see what the problem could be, you're the first one having this problem. I've just test the device using WRONG Push input midi settings in the Preferences, and it still works...

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:19 pm

Max is 6.1.9
I've downloaded this device again. I'm not using any third party plugins, only Live instruments. No MIDI filtering, just the device into Live instrument. When using a MIDI monitor, the only thing coming out of the device is pitch & modulation only via encoder.

To be clear on what happens when I use it:
1. Ribbon still only sends pitch bend while in ModWheel mode, the only difference between this & the actual pitch bend is in the MW mode my pitch stays at where the ribbon was last touched.
2. Beneath the seventh encoder dial on Push, there is a parameter called ModValue, when I turn this it then controls modulation value, but the ribbon does not send any modulation whatsoever.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:58 am

And you're using Live 9.1.6 ?
I'm not using any third party plugins
I wasn't asking about 3rd party plugins, but 3rd party script like the ones from NativeKontrol for example.
If you're all native then I really don't understand what could be the problem. The device works for everybody.
If you right-click on the device title bar there's an entry "open Max window". Please click this and copy/paste what you see here if there's something.
PM me with this.