REALLY alternative use for Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:59 pm

I use the arranger sometimes if I am in a hotel where there is no alarm clock.
I just calculate how many hours of sleep I have till I have to leave for the airport and then I place the most anoying monolake track at this point in the timeline,
start the arrangement and turn the display brightness all the way down...

I only have to remember that I should not do this while the computer runs on battery.....

Robert

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:14 pm

Robert Henke wrote:I use the arranger sometimes if I am in a hotel where there is no alarm clock.
I just calculate how many hours of sleep I have till I have to leave for the airport and then I place the most anoying monolake track at this point in the timeline,
start the arrangement and turn the display brightness all the way down...

I only have to remember that I should not do this while the computer runs on battery.....

Robert
I'm sure with all the new features of Live 5, this alarm clock will only get that much better.

As for me, I use Live only for shampooing the hair that the public can see (ie on my head or when I bear my sexy-hairy chest). For my pubes, I stick with Cubase or Sonar. Ever so often, I'll use Logic for my belly-button lint. I often use Reason when I have the runs and have run out of the single-ply toilet paper.

smart1123

Post by smart1123 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:33 pm

braj wrote:OK, I never did record the guy because he talked nice and slow and was a pretty quiet guy really. Oh well, it sounded like it would work well. I need a way to pipe phone conversations into Live. That would be cool.
buy a phone patch box dunno where you get one but we use them at work all the time for in a pinch adr recording.
15" TiBook 1.5 GHz 1Gig RAM, MOTU Traveller, Live 5, Reaktor 5, Alesis Micron, Yamaha EX-5, UC-33e, BCR2000, Lexicon MPX-1, Orbit, Event 20/20's