Miguel Campbell e-bass , amazing !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lacadz

Miguel Campbell e-bass , amazing !

Post by lacadz » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Hello everybody, as you can read in the title, i am looking for years, to that specific bass sound in french house and funky house , i tried again and again without any results (simply cool funky bass with trilian) and i listened recently to the bass of miguel campbell in tne track : Popart - Florescent Love (Miguel Campbell Remix) , really amazing, please, if someone could help me, it will be very cool ! How i can do that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPVmy20DONY

Steve Glen

Re: Miguel Campbell e-bass , amazing !

Post by Steve Glen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Cool track. It's more or less a simple analog bass. I think what is important is how the LP filter is resonanted and keytracked with the sound.

lacadz

Post by lacadz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks steve for your answer but i m french and don't really understand what you said ! lol !

So an analogue bass , and you say that the resonance of the low pass filter is important ?

What do you mean whith keytracked ? Could you explain ?

Really thanks for your answer !

Gyu гы

Post by Gyu гы » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:59 pm

Keytracking is feature on synths that raises or lowers the filter if you play a higher or lower note. So if you increase the keytracking and play a high note the filter will open more.
I would agree that this is quite a simple sound to make.
One really important thing is the length of the notes, in the track there's a short note then a longer one. It makes a big difference.
Good luck!
:)

lacadz

Post by lacadz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks guys .. I will try it