Has anyone been banned from this forum?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Has anyone been banned from this forum?

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:42 pm

If not why hasn't this place turned to the "anarchy and chaos" that other forums with heavy moderation claim would befall their beloved little kingdom if they didn't ban people, change thread titles etc.

I've seen no evidence of moderation, and this forum seems to work just fine.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:44 pm

Thats because were all lovely cheerful mature people here my dear chap.......

Now please cast your vote on my buttocks vs Breasts Poll, if you havent done so already.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:53 pm

apart from the guys who pose as thyre 13 year old sons :lol:

Apocrypha

Re: Has anyone been banned from this forum?

Post by Apocrypha » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:01 pm

Machinesworking wrote:If not why hasn't this place turned to the "anarchy and chaos" that other forums with heavy moderation claim would befall their beloved little kingdom if they didn't ban people, change thread titles etc.

I think if I post the "never-ending Hasselhoff, crotch mesmorising" picture one more time, I'll be banned in a heartbeat. :oops: :) :D :lol: :twisted: 8)
Dual 2.5gig G5 with 2.5g/ram, DP 4.6, Live 6, Kontakt, Battery, Guitar Rig, EWQLSO Gold, Ivory, Pluggo, Waves, Tritone Digital, PSP, tons of free plug-ins, DFHS, BFD, Event ASP8's, Trigger Finger.....and a bunch of other shite.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:17 pm

thats because the type of kiddy and crackers who arent too busy making music tend to go for programs which have more surface features, widgets and hardware looking knobs.

Live is something people end up getting into if they truely appreciate making (mainly electronica) music.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:40 pm

I don't know - never had to think about it

ableton is cool, but would be cooler if I was beta testing version 5 right now

wink wink josh muthfuckin wink wink - smiling, playing final scratch and smiling a little bit more w/ a small afro playing a final scratch mash up of JJ Fad and Spastik - then he smiles some more
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:48 pm

I think my very presence is testament to low banishment rate.

But at the end of the day I think it's clear that the reason I'm here is to learn more about Live and maybe help others that have hit the same stumbling blocks I've hit in the past.

Curious, what spurred you to ask this question?

futureproof

Post by futureproof » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:57 pm

Sales Dude McBoob wrote:I think my very presence is testament to low banishment rate.
:D :D can I use this in my signature?

edit: and I dont mean that in a condescending way at all... its just really funny :)
"THE biggest differences between Live 3 & 4 are the things that Live 4 have that are missing in Live 3"

-some dude on KVR.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:03 pm

I should be banned for being old & stupid, using Live in a corporate suit establishment environment, having no sense of humor, and not having a shaved head, tattoos, and/or body piercings.

Maybe I should ban myself.
Last edited by hambone1 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sergeastorms67

Post by sergeastorms67 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:04 pm

machines working has got a point. I've only recently been on to a few of the other forums and they do tend to be a bit draconian about what is posted and in what part of the forum. cubase.net has turned into the metalica of the forums (remember Napster?) with a whole bunch of self righteous pr#*ks.

Having said that their are a few offenders of the "i can't be bothered to help you so why don't you do a search first you fu#*in'" newbie' types here ?

Why do people do that? If you don't want to help or can't be bothered to answer the same question again, then don't bother answering the thread. their not compulsory!!

Anyway i've probably burnt my bridges here as well now!! :D

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:54 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get a pm about the extent of tangential content in my messages, though I am very greatful it hasn't happened yet (this is not an invite! 8O ). I studied technical writing, but...

The Abes monitor us like good parents. Not interfering, but with words of encouragement. It sure is a nice community here.

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:10 pm

can I use this in my signature?
That would be an honor, Futureproof.

I must admit, there are days when I wonder if all I am doing here is consuming precious Ableton bandwidth, but hell, we have a good time.

Yeah, I once encountered so much attitude at the Nuendo forum that I never returned, and I never bothered to dig into my Nuendo 2 NFR. Besides, I had a Ableton NFR that was far more interesting and exciting to play with.

AdamJay

Re: Has anyone been banned from this forum?

Post by AdamJay » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:23 pm

Machinesworking wrote:If not why hasn't this place turned to the "anarchy and chaos" that other forums with heavy moderation claim would befall their beloved little kingdom if they didn't ban people, change thread titles etc.

gee michael,
what ON EARTH could have brought up this subject? :wink: :wink: :wink:

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:27 pm

Sales Dude McBoob wrote:
i got suspended from another site.
an admin argued that harsh action must be taken in order to preserve this and that and otherwise it would turn into Anarchy. i think a private message warning would have done the trick. but whatever.

hey michael, it also helps that we don't have Avatars here that would entice one to say... lynch another members cyber-likeliness.

gaspode

Post by gaspode » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:15 pm

AdamJay wrote:
Sales Dude McBoob wrote:
i got suspended from another site.
an admin argued that harsh action must be taken in order to preserve this and that and otherwise it would turn into Anarchy. i think a private message warning would have done the trick. but whatever.

hey michael, it also helps that we don't have Avatars here that would entice one to say... lynch another members cyber-likeliness.
Heh... some people are too laid back... others are too uptight...

Now let me get my beer, my comfy chair and my headphones so I can get back to my music :P