APC Mini is a piece of shit. New Spam free thread.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Buleriachk

Re: APC Mini is a piece of shit. New Spam free thread.

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Bumpity bumpity bump!

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:57 pm

I haven't read this entire thread, so please pardon me if this has already been covered. Anyhow, I just got the APC mini here and ran into the problem with the LEDs not working when MIDI mapped or when sending them MIDI from a track (for Launchpad-style light shows). This is definitely a bug in the controller. In short, it ignores one type of note off message (FYI, there are two types). I made a quick vid that shows one way to fix it.

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi guys. I have been through the process of choosing between Launchpad mk2, LP mini and then discovered akai mini offered more when I came across this thread, which cooled down my buyer's enthusiasm.

I have had apc40 mk1 and nocturn before and sold both when moving. From what I remember, Nocturn featured the same problem as described here, i.e. lack of feedback of assigned on/off buttons, it would also switch on/off every three presses the buttons which were pre-assigned, which made the device feel more like a toy.

My experiences combined with descriptions in this thread, I have a hunch the problem actually concerns Ableton's script handling.

The title of hte thread and the posts I have read so far (sorry, not all) imply apc40 mk2 does not fail. Does it? How about Launchpad mk2 and Push?

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:26 pm

All the others (except for APC Key 25 with the same issue as the APC Mini - no Session Overview) work as expected... (that is, they include Session Overview)

Push and Launchpad Pro include Session Overview, and I can't imagine that Launchpad Mk2 won't have it as well)

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Can someone confirm if session overview is available in Launchpad mk2?

Back to the light feedback of programmed buttons, does it get messed up also in other devices, like apc 40 mk2 and launchpad mk2?

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm

I know Session Overview is available on Launchpad Pro. I can't imagine Novation wouldn't implement it on Launchpad MK2.. We'll have to wait until the documentation becomes available, but you can always email Novation and see if you get an answer...

Update: I just checked the documentation on Novation's site, and the answer is YES!! session overview is available on the Launchpad Mk2.

http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/si ... uide_0.pdf

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:45 pm

Watch this space...
Cheers
D

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Buleriachk wrote:All the others (except for APC Key 25 with the same issue as the APC Mini - no Session Overview) work as expected... (that is, they include Session Overview)

Push and Launchpad Pro include Session Overview, and I can't imagine that Launchpad Mk2 won't have it as well)
If you have no intent to at least try to answer the original question, why answer at all? All you do is using the question at hand as a trigger to rant about Session Overview (totally unrelated to baseinstinct's question), again and again.

Yeah, we got it by now.Session Overview doesn't work the way you want it to on the APC Mini.Ok.Can you get over it now ??

Thanks.

On topic: Afaik neither the APC40 MKII nor the Launchpad (no matter what model) have problems with light feedback.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 pm

beatz01 wrote:
Buleriachk wrote: If you have no intent to at least try to answer the original question, why answer at all? All you do is using the question at hand as a trigger to rant about Session Overview (totally unrelated to baseinstinct's question), again and again.
Because it is me, and because I am pissed.... and because.. why not, especially if it gives more publicity to the problem.

Thank you very much for continuing the thread.... much appreciated.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 am

S4racen wrote:Watch this space...
Cheers
D
You'll not need to worry for much longer...

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:59 pm

OK, whilst we're adding Session Overview to the script is there anything else that needs to be sorted before we finalise the design of it?

Cheers
D

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:55 pm

S4racen wrote:OK, whilst we're adding Session Overview to the script is there anything else that needs to be sorted before we finalise the design of it?

Cheers
D
Can you also do that for the APC Key 25?
Then I could use my APC40 Mk2 to program gigs as well.

But hey, I'll be delighted with the Mini....

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:08 pm

Sorry doubtful, had to buy a MINI to do it, not about to buy another controller i've got no use for ;-)

Cheers
D

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:14 pm

S4racen wrote:Sorry doubtful, had to buy a MINI to do it, not about to buy another controller i've got no use for ;-)

Cheers
D
I hear ya... :)
(I've done that a lot, too....)

But, hey, how about Launchpad95 functionality..... scales, keys, ....

Ok, ok, just askin'. I'll be happy with the Session Overview on the Mini... :)

(The nice thing about the Mini was that I was able to assign transport control functionality to the Scene buttons, since I never use scenes, just toggle clips for backing tracks for my guitar....)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Buleriachk wrote:
S4racen wrote:Sorry doubtful, had to buy a MINI to do it, not about to buy another controller i've got no use for ;-)

Cheers
D
I hear ya... :)
(I've done that a lot, too....)

But, hey, how about Launchpad95 functionality..... scales, keys, ....
8O
Really?! You want to play keys on these pads?
They are barely good enough to trigger clips IMO.