Live 8 Suite -> Live 9 Standard (Sampler) ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beatz01

Live 8 Suite -> Live 9 Standard (Sampler) ?

Post by beatz01 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:11 am

So i could buy L9 Standard from someone who upgraded from L8 Suite and he tells me i could use Sampler (from L8 Suite library) within L9 Standard because all content of L8 suite could be used within L9 Standard - true or not ?

I'm worried because he bought an additional license for Sampler, and i'm wondering why someone would do that if what he says is true.

Anyone ?

chrk

Re: Live 8 Suite -> Live 9 Standard (Sampler) ?

Post by chrk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:30 am

From: How can I transfer my license to someone else? | Ableton
Please note that only an entire Live license can be transferred: all Live versions and corresponding serial numbers contained in the license will also be acquired by the buyer. This applies to Ableton Suite and upgrades; you can only transfer the whole thing.
One might read this like the Sampler license tied to the L9 Standard would be included in the license transfer too.

Ask Ableton support for an authoritative answer, everything else is guessing.

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:34 am

Actually this is not an issue with license transfer; the question at hand is when you have upgraded to L9 Standard from L8 Suite can you still use Sampler (that was part of L8 Suite but is not of L9 Standard) within L9 Standard ?

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 am

I went from L7 Suite to L8 Standard and everything in L7 Suite worked in L8

I then went L8 Standard to L9 Standard, Same thing, anything L7 Suite was there except like session drums, I never used them but it was a L9 thing like it took them awhile to upgrade the pack or something

I think you should be alright.