Audio Receiver Device like in Bitwig?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pinkpaint

Audio Receiver Device like in Bitwig?

Post by pinkpaint » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Hello,

In bitwig they have a new device called audio receiver device and you can put it on their instrument layer (abletons instrument rack) and turn an instrument rack into an instrument and fx rack without having to double rack. (lol that sounds funny) Anways, is there a max device like this in ableton?

pinkpaint

Re: Audio Receiver Device like in Bitwig?

Post by pinkpaint » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:58 pm

/bump

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:20 pm

You can put an FX after an instrument in Ableton......

Have you tried to drag a beat repeat after a Simpler on one MIDI track? It should work.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:54 pm

Thats not the same. The bitwig effect is an insert that basically just has a drop down to choose from what other track/instrument/rack/effect/etc you want to receive audio from. So you could for instance have one track with a loop playing, then in another have an instrument rack with an audio receiver and choose its input as the loop track. So you can get audio from multiple tracks all in to one track. They have a similar device for midi as well

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:01 pm

Use the listening mode of a device like Compressor which have a sidechain capability.
(put Compressor in your rack, turn its sidechain to ON, click on the little headphone, select your audio track source... done)

pinkpaint

Post by pinkpaint » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Thank you soooo much homie!!!

I have to say I wish ableton would just make an audio receiver device like bitwig, but with the above post about using sidechain, listening, and signal source of desired track I am able to use the compressor just like the audio receiver device. Really neat trick I probably wouldn't of accidentally done this for another 2 years if even that so much thanks.

Proxy-M

Post by Proxy-M » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:35 am

Ok this is an old thread. Just wanted to add that you cannot select separate outputs of multi channel instruments (e.g. microtonic).