Ableton>Logic (any logic users on here?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends

Re: Ableton>Logic (any logic users on here?)

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends wrote:
Stromkraft wrote: Can't take a differing opinion uh? People can choose whatever placements they want of their files, but I mentioned my reasons for not make do with default paths. That I did so is not a personal critique of your choice, but an additional view point of alternative placements.
give it up. you look dumb trying to disagree with the path i put my files,....
That's all in your head. I don't disagree with where you put your files, but I disagree with your specific suggestion — not with that you made the suggestion if course, make all you want — to others to use the default for reasons explained.

There are multiple options for what paths to use, each has their validity, also yours, and each user can make their own choices. I guess you have a problem with other people making different choices than what you make. I don't have that problem of yours. I also don't get hung up on people and oppose them for the sake of it. Maybe that's because I got a life.
YOu both should stop fighting with arguments. MAYBE!

you could learn to avoid double triple posting... flooding by answering some passed people

you don't understand why he's so on to you [ which was answering to a post from a passed person]

maybe don't understand the notion of respect...

Or judging old post from the past out of context, answering a post about live's reverb and saying I USE CONVOLUTION REVERB WHY DON'T YOU?
He didn't because live convolution wasn't there yet [not even maxforlive....]

We are not here for hatred or headaches on pointless arguments wars.

Evolving with the daw of your choice is good, don't forget human evolution is also about social intercourse. not only being able to rock the daw out of its guts and do what you want.

Learn to respect, observe [the date of someone's post is very important didn't you know it?]

Smoke the peace pipe and move on boys

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Hermanus wrote:
We are not here for hatred or headaches on pointless arguments wars.
To have a discussion is not an argument war. This is a discussion forum. Please point out where I have been hateful in this discussion.
Where have I resorted to the name calling you obviously condone? Where have I said people are stupid because I don't like what they say? Where?

I must protest you're making me guilty by association with someone that have done so repeatedly.
Make some music!

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:49 pm

sorry guys, but it seems like that both of you are having some serious problems!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:11 pm

stoersignal wrote:sorry guys, but it seems like that both of you are having some serious problems!
Proof?
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:18 pm

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends is a bully. I won't take his antics any more. Get some help from your friends to find a professional.

Stop spamming my PM box with insults. I didn't spam yours. I didn't call you anything. I didn't say you were wrong. I just expressed an opinion you don't have about what's the best place to put music projects. Get over it!
Make some music!

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:51 am

I still have the Logic Pro box on my shelf, but after switching to Ableton I never looked back. Logic seemed always so klutzy to me, every other thing I tried would require using its Environment window, which I can't stand.

If other Logic users had a similar path, it might explain why not many of us remember Logic well enough to reply. :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Well I guess I am the only one on here that switched to Logic from Live, although I guess not surprising given where you posted the question. :wink:

I found that Live just lead itself to endless noodling with session view and I’ve finished far more songs in Logic. In Logic you have to actually move forward with a track. You can’t just keep stacking clips endlessly to see what happens.

And I know I’m going to get tomatoes and bricks thrown at me here for saying this, but Logic sounds better to me. No, I didn’t do some scientific A/B test or produce the exact same song in both DAWs. All I know is the tracks I’ve spit out in Logic sound better than the ones I’ve spit out of Live using my usual half assed effort and knowledge.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:44 pm

And if you want to learn Logic I highly recommend this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Pro-Trainin ... =Logic+pro

It has lessons you do and isn’t just a big book of functions and features.