Ableton+Push+Octatrack

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Zky

Ableton+Push+Octatrack

Post by Zky » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:50 am

Hello guys

I´m trying to understand the best way to integrate live/push with octatrack..

anyone using the same combo?

joeyfivecents

Re: Ableton+Push+Octatrack

Post by joeyfivecents » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:25 am

I am also curious about this
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:35 am

I would probably put Push on the left and the OT on the right. Beyond that it's hard to say without know what you want to achieve with both and where you're getting hung on the concept on your own.

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:31 pm

I actually found a good setup today. Instead of slaving Live to the octatrack midi clock, I'm using Beatseeker on an audio track which has a beat from the octatrack coming in. This seems to keep everything relatively tight. Any Live track I want to sample into the octatrack is sent out of the iconnectaudio4+ on outputs 3/4 which is assigned to cue within Live. The only downside is I have to have a rhythmic signal constantly coming from the octatrack. I enjoy using the octatrack by itself; but sometimes it's nice to be able to sample stuff that I've just recorded. The only caveat is that this setup breaks my footpedal into Push which I used to use to record perfect loops into Live. Not sure why this is happening. It's always something isn't it?
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel