What app can edit .ask files?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
braj

What app can edit .ask files?

Post by braj » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:20 pm

It would be really nice to be ably to edit the skins, is there any app that can read/edit these files completely?

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:37 pm

The tools is the Live 1 to 5 debug version.

The reason why we do not make this feature public till today ist that we change so much in the internal structure of the views that this tool looks different in each version. And it is very painfull to use also. But maybe in the far future it will be a part of the preferences. We will see...

Robert Henke / Ableton

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:47 pm

Robert Henke wrote:The tools is the Live 1 to 5 debug version.

The reason why we do not make this feature public till today ist that we change so much in the internal structure of the views that this tool looks different in each version. And it is very painfull to use also. But maybe in the far future it will be a part of the preferences. We will see...

Robert Henke / Ableton
maybe it would be a good marketing decision to roll out a wide range of customization features in Live. From the skin of the windows right through to shortcut keys and also the colors assignable to clips. This would have much more impact than slowly rolling such features out. L6 maybe?

braj

Post by braj » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:49 pm

Thanks. Beyond that, will any/many new skins be release with Live5?

pulse

Re: What app can edit .ask files?

Post by pulse » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:08 pm

BUMP!

I am a proud user of Live since version 3 and then upgrade through the years.

Since version 6 or even 5 (I dont remember to be honest) I used to copy the file cardboard.ask into the skins folder.

Now with the themes folder, I am still able to copy the cardboard file but I got lot of colors not replaced.

I would pay to have this file in Live 10.

Any possibility to get your utility to generate that ask file?

Thanks ...