Moderation of this forum

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

Re: Moderation of this forum

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:18 pm

re:dream wrote:
eyeknow wrote: we're not cprezzzz

Now your making me wonder.

:oops:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:28 pm

annnnnd another mult posts she-male threads. you'd think that the Ableton staff over the cleaning up of the forum after the cyber-fits would prefer not to see that kind of thing (again).

imagine coming home with your first boxed copy of Ableton Live and your shiny new plastic MIDI controller... you install the software and fire it up. while you watch the splash screen load you're wiping the saliva off your chin... but a problem sets in when you can't get the controller to work... "i bet they have a forum" you think. you create a login and the first thing you see is 49 threads all with she-males in the title. :|

i cannot fathom why our accounts are not connected to our Live license. i really cannot.

*now, please excuse me while i go to my email to prepare to select all the soundcloud password reset emails and hit delete. my punishment for having an opinion on this.

^ which, by the way, only proves that this person has been around for a while and has long since run out of accounts that would come from installing a free bundled version of Live.

P.S. the OP in the meaning of life thread is a ticking forum time bomb. mark my words.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:00 am

I've been bitching about this since forever. You guys (including the ableton mods) thought it was funny when it was directed at me.

Good luck :lol:

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:33 am

H20nly wrote:i cannot fathom why our accounts are not connected to our Live license. i really cannot.
My guess is because 1.) such a move creates bad blood with some 2.) even unlicensed Live users might provide helpful advice

Now, if I were Ableton and *planned* to make an unpopular move like connecting Forum membership to licenses, one way to prepare the ground for it would be to create a fictitious spammer who floods the forum, etc.

vince1440

Post by vince1440 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:46 am

I find this forum very useful, I've learned many things about music production and Ableton that I might not have heard about elsewhere. It's sad that Ableton doesn't recognize the value this place has. I would think it would be easy to simply have an Ableton staffer as a mod and check in here every hour or so to moderate things. Doesn't require of alot of resources to take care of this forum. I don't understand why Ableton doesn't see that having this community here helps with the sales of their product. IMO it's a dumb move company wise to neglect this forum.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:21 am

mrdelurk wrote:2.) even unlicensed Live users might provide helpful advice
True. If I need a pirated copy or key generator they could be an invaluable resource

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:21 am

bump

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:53 am

mrdelurk wrote: even unlicensed Live users might provide helpful advice
They can give useful advice to other non holders of Live licenses, that's true. As user scenarios and problems may differ greatly between cracked versions of Live and proper versions, I'd prefer to keep these areas of interests separate if possible. There are other forums for non holders. Let them talk there.
mrdelurk wrote: Now, if I were Ableton and *planned* to make an unpopular move like connecting Forum membership to licenses, one way to prepare the ground for it would be to create a fictitious spammer who floods the forum, etc.
So we're going into conspiracy theory now, are we? Blimey.
Make some music!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:25 am

The conspiracy handbook says "it must be one of the mods!"

theswiftone

Post by theswiftone » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:52 am

Is anyone else getting private messages with the same spam content or is it just me being targeted??

theswiftone

Post by theswiftone » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 am

Ignore just read the thread below this one Jeffwatts what a bellend!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:29 am

theswiftone wrote:Is anyone else getting private messages with the same spam content or is it just me being targeted??
Well, if it's less than 54, congratulations!

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:28 am

Stromkraft wrote:
There are other forums for non license holders. Let them talk there.
Which of those places is the best? I might want to visit that too (besides this official hangout).

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:11 pm

mrdelurk wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
There are other forums for non license holders. Let them talk there.
Which of those places is the best? I might want to visit that too (besides this official hangout).
I'm pretty sure he's talking out his a** :wink:

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:44 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
mrdelurk wrote:Which of those places is the best? I might want to visit that too (besides this official hangout).
I'm pretty sure he's talking out his a** :wink:
So to form an educated opinion about something one should not go see it? My interest is learning things, not being "right".