Moderation of this forum

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TomViolenz

Re: Moderation of this forum

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:11 pm

steko wrote: Imagine we had the forum account tied to the Live license AND the ban of politics & religion already two or three years ago. Would have spared us tons of bullshit!!
This is about spammers, not you feeling uncomfortable with discussions on some topics. Please stay on target ;-)

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:43 pm

I complained to Abes directly about the state of this Spam filled Forum.....

I hate spam :wink:

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:47 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Tarekith wrote:I don't think that at all, I've had conversations with a few of the Abe's and they were all well clued up on the stuff people complain about the most. Not saying they should keep quiet or anything, but they don't just listen to good feedback at all.
I was at an Ableton event a little while back with a company guy presenting Push. He didn't even know that you can't run two Pushs together (well), because they steal focus from each other.

So, I remain doubtful about that bolded sentence.
Define "company guy". That you work for Ableton at an event doesn't actually mean you're with Ableton AG or Ableton, Inc. and in addition everyone doesn't have to know about everything at a company.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:52 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
steko wrote: Imagine we had the forum account tied to the Live license AND the ban of politics & religion already two or three years ago. Would have spared us tons of bullshit!!
This is about spammers, not you feeling uncomfortable with discussions on some topics. Please stay on target ;-)
It's also about people behaving like dicks at a company web site. I don't think Ableton should let themselves be associated with users that don't know how to behave in a civilized manner. Why should we have to tolerate idiots taking the piss?

I say no!
Make some music!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
Tarekith wrote:I don't think that at all, I've had conversations with a few of the Abe's and they were all well clued up on the stuff people complain about the most. Not saying they should keep quiet or anything, but they don't just listen to good feedback at all.
I was at an Ableton event a little while back with a company guy presenting Push. He didn't even know that you can't run two Pushs together (well), because they steal focus from each other.

So, I remain doubtful about that bolded sentence.
Define "company guy". That you work for Ableton at an event doesn't actually mean you're with Ableton AG or Ableton, Inc. and in addition everyone doesn't have to know about everything at a company.
I'm bad with names, but he was introduced as a person intimitely involved with Push development at Ableton.
And that event was in Berlin, so it's right in Abletons backyard.

Given that, not knowing this limitation (which is a pretty big one, that comes up on the forums every couple of weeks), is the opposite of "well clued up on the stuff people complain about the most".

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
It's also about people behaving like dicks at a company web site. I don't think Ableton should let themselves be associated with users that don't know how to behave in a civilized manner. Why should we have to tolerate idiots taking the piss?

I say no!
Do you even know what we both are talking about?!
Your sign-up date (and your post) indicate that you wouldn't.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Yes, the Forum is a paradise of civilization and gentle repartee compared to what went down as recently as a year or so ago 8O

Interesting what a couple of judicious bans will achieve :|

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:06 pm

re:dream wrote:Yes, the Forum is graveyard compared to what went down as recently as a year or so ago 8O
T,ftfy :(

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 am

TomViolenz wrote:
Do you even know what we both are talking about?!
Your sign-up date (and your post) indicate that you wouldn't.
I know what I'm talking about. Do you know what you're talking about? I'd assume you do, but I'm not making any guesses here. If you feel we're talking about different phenomena all together then you can enlighten me, if it's important to know details. I don't care too much about this. No matter what took place in the past, there's also the more recent. People have been taking the piss here for years. I disapprove of that no matter when it happened.

Uncomfortable subjects are not like taking the piss provided the subject is treated in an acceptable way. Of course I don't think politics nor religion or other subjects alien to music production fits within Music and Audio Production, so where different discussions are taking place is important to many people I think. Of course, politics or religion is not fit anywhere according to the rules set by Ableton.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Make some music!

Muze

Post by Muze » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:26 am

The butthurt in this one is strong

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:33 am

LOL

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:58 am

I hate this forum! :lol:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:11 am

Dude, go to bed.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 am

Nope, I'd rather have a big hairy bear.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Well, it looks as if the mods are responding more quickly. There were two spam attacks by our mutual friend; one on Friday night; posts deleted by mid Saturday morning; one late on Saturday night; posts deleted by Sunday morning.

User account still there as far as I can see (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=271319).

But those are satisfactory response times - thanks, um, guys/girls!