NAMM 2015. Anything exciting?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

Re: NAMM 2015. Anything exciting?

Post by S4racen » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:14 pm

Angstrom wrote:Hmm, launchpad pro.

RGB, Velocity and Pressure sensitive, etc etc, for beats. And stuff. Like Push, but $299 rrp

It's very lush! And superbly hackable ;-)

Cheers
D

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Nope.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Angstrom wrote:has the Aira "mix performer" been mentioned yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkw8pLl9jfw

For Ableton Live performer EDM types it's probably quite relevant
This looks like an awesome idea! 8)
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Launchpad Pro looks amazing.

I really wish there existed an interface dedicated specifically to 'loading instruments and fx within Ableton Live'.

Something faster than browsing. What makes a lot of self contained hardware so alluring is the immediacy and dedication to certain qualities. I need to be able to hold one button, press another, and kabaam -Reverb-.

A fast method for adding devices in conjunction with he LP Pro would be massive. It is very close to a reality when you look at Touchable's device loading system. When or how can this be made to work even faster?

tone61

Post by tone61 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:39 pm

No idea if this will be shown in NAMM, but Focusrite just introduced their Thunderbolt audio interfaces.
Claim to have 1ms latency.

http://global.focusrite.com/clarett-ran ... m_content=

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 pm

yur2die4 wrote:I really wish there existed an interface dedicated specifically to 'loading instruments and fx within Ableton Live'...... I need to be able to hold one button, press another, and kabaam -Reverb-.
Of topic, but if you have Push and have the PXT script then you have this functionality. I was using PXT for a long time without touching the Accessory Mode because I was afraid of ClyphX (I can't remember codes to save my life)... The Accessory Mode is 16 buttons on Push that have dedicated ClyphX functionality along with LCD readout of that the button is (not song/set dependent), And each button can have an endless amount of instructions, and you only have to set it up once and it will work in any Live project new or old.

Example... You could name one button 'EQ-8' and it would instantly load an EQ-8 on whatever channel you are on (like your request)... Or/And, you could name another button 'House-M' (House Master) and your ClyphX string would be set to bring up your ALL your Fx devices (EQ-8 Plus Compressor Plus Reverb plus Limiter, Plus their settings for each device that you would typically use on a house track. And it can do all types of other functions. I just started messing with it a couple weeks ago so I'm not great with explaining it but it is ridiculously powerful. And I believe there are other controller scripts that make use of ClyphX strings (and I'm pretty sure you know ClyphX is Free)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Angstrom wrote:the Akai Timbre Wolf is the most amusingly named, a cheap analogue polysynth. But after the awfulness of the rhythm wolf they have a lot of ground to make up.

it's £300 so probably $300 and €350

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/nam ... ine-614290
Ha! Witty product name based on a mispronunciation. Oy vey.

:lol:
Unsound Designer

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:04 am

That chick is ugly and fat.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:18 pm

beats me wrote:
S4racen wrote:Give it one minute and have a look here...

http://www.facebook.com/IsotonikStudios

Cheers
D

Not everybody has facebook. :x
+1 :x

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 pm

LaunchpadPro wrote: Control your effects, instrument devices and plug-ins mid-performance to add engaging, expressive effects. For super smooth effect transitions, the button grid also turns into eight velocity-sensitive vertical faders, with LED feedback - the harder you hit the pad, the faster the transition.
8O

That sounds delightful. I'm intrigued. I wonder how they implemented it that velocity is tied to transition speed.
And also why Ableton is not doing these kinds of innovations for Push :x
LaunchpadPro wrote:Included Software

Ableton Live Lite music making software
1 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
Novation V Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
But that worries me a little. Is Automap not part of the Launchpad Pro?!
I know people dislike Automap, but for programming User Mode 2 on the Launchpad it's extemly usefull.
I hope they are not removing the capabilty for me to have my own custom Midi layouts.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:57 pm

S4racen wrote:
Angstrom wrote:Hmm, launchpad pro.

RGB, Velocity and Pressure sensitive, etc etc, for beats. And stuff. Like Push, but $299 rrp

And superbly hackable ;-)

Cheers
D
Could you explain how? Only through scripts or also with a Midi editor?! (Automap?!)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Willyum wrote:
yur2die4 wrote:I really wish there existed an interface dedicated specifically to 'loading instruments and fx within Ableton Live'...... I need to be able to hold one button, press another, and kabaam -Reverb-.
Of topic, but if you have Push and have the PXT script then you have this functionality. I was using PXT for a long time without touching the Accessory Mode because I was afraid of ClyphX (I can't remember codes to save my life)... The Accessory Mode is 16 buttons on Push that have dedicated ClyphX functionality along with LCD readout of that the button is (not song/set dependent), And each button can have an endless amount of instructions, and you only have to set it up once and it will work in any Live project new or old.

Example... You could name one button 'EQ-8' and it would instantly load an EQ-8 on whatever channel you are on (like your request)... Or/And, you could name another button 'House-M' (House Master) and your ClyphX string would be set to bring up your ALL your Fx devices (EQ-8 Plus Compressor Plus Reverb plus Limiter, Plus their settings for each device that you would typically use on a house track. And it can do all types of other functions. I just started messing with it a couple weeks ago so I'm not great with explaining it but it is ridiculously powerful. And I believe there are other controller scripts that make use of ClyphX strings (and I'm pretty sure you know ClyphX is Free)
No Push needed for that functionality (except for the screen read out). Any Midi controller can be made to trigger X-Controls via clyphx.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:48 pm

An update on the Akai synth, Timbre Wolf

It sounds totally incredibly shit! Really remarkably shit, in fact the filter is even weaker than the one in my first synth circa 1983 the utter bullshit Cs01 (anyone who tells you that is a classic is an idiot) .

The Timbrewolf is laughably bad. Awful.

http://youtu.be/gnaaO_hCXfo

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:01 pm

TomViolenz wrote: Could you explain how? Only through scripts or also with a Midi editor?! (Automap?!)
Through Max4Live, it has the latest implementation of the remote scripts.... Very painless!

No idea on MIDI editor or Automap, i haven't discussed those....

Cheers
D

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:37 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
LaunchpadPro wrote: Control your effects, instrument devices and plug-ins mid-performance to add engaging, expressive effects. For super smooth effect transitions, the button grid also turns into eight velocity-sensitive vertical faders, with LED feedback - the harder you hit the pad, the faster the transition.
8O

That sounds delightful. I'm intrigued. I wonder how they implemented it that velocity is tied to transition speed.
And also why Ableton is not doing these kinds of innovations for Push :x

To me that sounds like an easily implemented gimmick. Exactly how many times are you going to need to do that…and trust that it’s going to nail the speed of the fader that you were hoping for.