Dissappointing Freeze

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
braj

Post by braj » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:17 pm

I don't have the beta so I don't know :( But I'd say this: if you seriously want to make the most of Live, invest in a faster HD. I upgraded the drive in my old 667 Ti Powerbook to a 7200 8MB Hitachi and although the processor has limitations in Logic, I can freeze for days. I never have any issues just running audio in Live, so freeze should make Live truly usable on my little dinosaur.

zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:37 pm

ilia wrote: A typical "freeze" operation that I had to do in Live4 was: create an audio track next to a midi track, route the midi track to the audio track, resample, copy all mixer automation/sends/volume/pan from midi to audio track, turn off the instruments/plugins in the midi track. Just having a shortcut for that would be more useful than the current freeze imo.
I agree completely. Even if we just end up with a "Render Clip" option, that would be great, because I'm constantly doing this same workaround in Live 4. It sounds like freezing and then copying the frozen .wav from the temp directory will be a little faster than the Live 4 resampling workaround.

Honestly, this seems like a pretty straightforward extension of "Render to Disk."