anyone uses a sonic potions lxr?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
camoz

anyone uses a sonic potions lxr?

Post by camoz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:21 pm

i found this drumsynth at the net. the machine seems to be quiet interessting...
any of yours using it??

reeloy

Re: anyone uses a sonic potions lxr?

Post by reeloy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:51 am

...hell yeah, i do....

great liitle drum machine from germany.....

instant techno....straight to pa...don't mix it....just tweak......the kik is a killer!.....morphing fluently between two different drum kits is just mindblowing.....the shuffle is groovy.....the mods are surprising......and the bit reduction on single sounds or the overall signal is crushing for real....

i always record some kind of metronome beat variations with it first of all.....tuned to my actual root key and take it from there with every track.....

it's simply the best in tweakable digital drums....even elektrons machine drum is missing something here in some points...
and that's where the lxr comes from.....it even has parameter locking, too...
the lxr set is round about 350 with everything....the diy factor is somewhere in the middle....but for another 200 euros you'll easily find some pro doing this for you.....just check the sonic potions website....
that's 600 euro all in all for a real unique digital drummachine that rocks.....

camoz

Post by camoz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:34 pm

thats nice to know.
there are not so much videos etc. to get information.
i ordered this machine 2 days ago. äksited what it is...
i also heard about the lack of the machinedrum & cant believe it. more p-locks in the future what do you think??

do you have audio examples& do you use it with live???

reeloy

Post by reeloy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:32 am

...i don't use it live....but the morphing option is asking for it....

this machine is really very very special....and diy all over....so don't expect it to feel like it's coming from the shop, brand new....

this is all about new, and exclusive drumsounds and how they work with each other in glue und groove....

....and a machine drum is a machine drum...elektron got other things to do than thinking about os updates for it.....i guess....
and more p locking!?......if someone is asking for more p locking, he's clearly saying...i got no idea what i'm talking about.....

camoz

Post by camoz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:10 am

you are right i am quite new in the buisnes with p-locks. however i thought 2 are not so much. my thought were going to your opinions what the futur brings for the tiny machine. i know it is open source.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:15 am

This looks indeed very nice, especially for only 280 (kit) + 70 (enclosure).

But I didn't see any mention of FX on their website. A drum maschine without effects?! What about sidechaining?! :?

And I didn't see any mention of groove or swing either!

So it's either a total marketing fail for forgetting to mention these things, or a drum machine fail or for not including them.

camoz

Post by camoz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:31 am

there are no fx. you need outboard fx.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:33 am

ok nm then. Not interested.

for only 50€ more I can get a fully assembled Electribe with 24 voices and effects galore. Even plays nice with Live!

camoz

Post by camoz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:32 pm

i cant solder. there is a list with trusted builders on the homepage.
the person who does the job for me is quite nice and i will have a metal case :mrgreen:

camoz

Post by camoz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:35 pm

reeloy wrote:
and more p locking!?......if someone is asking for more p locking, he's clearly saying...i got no idea what i'm talking about.....
meant the future improvements of the lxr. the md has 64 plocks - this is awesome! (lxr = 2)

camoz

Post by camoz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:08 am

TomViolenz wrote:ok nm then. Not interested.

for only 50€ more I can get a fully assembled Electribe with 24 voices and effects galore. Even plays nice with Live!
lxr works also with live. however there are different machines.
yesterday i ve got mine. nice machine! very versatile for new sounds.
there is a mod for fx. look at the lxr forum. it is open source and some guys program the os.
the percs, snare & kicks can be very brute.
i cant solder so i ask a guy called andre from "tube ohm" to do it.
he build a very nice machine with an metal case. a tiny but mighty tool for building drums and sounds.

the contact was nice and i can recommend him.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:22 am

camoz wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:ok nm then. Not interested.

lxr works also with live. however there are different machines.
yesterday i ve got mine. nice machine! very versatile for new sounds.
there is a mod for fx. look at the lxr forum. it is open source and some guys program the os.
the percs, snare & kicks can be very brute.
i cant solder so i ask a guy called andre from "tube ohm" to do it.
he build a very nice machine with an metal case. a tiny but mighty tool for building drums and sounds.

the contact was nice and i can recommend him.
I would be more interested in hearing why you would choose this device over the new Electribe. It seems to be the superior device in every regard. What is it that I'm missing?!

camoz

Post by camoz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am

the device is:
lokal, open source, not every one got one, digital, electribe is quite new so first users might be beta testers, expansion to my mpc and live, pattern generator, different loop lenght, etc.

there is probably more but i am a novice at the moment. ;-)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:59 am

camoz wrote:the device is:
lokal, open source, not every one got one, digital, electribe is quite new so first users might be beta testers, expansion to my mpc and live, pattern generator, different loop lenght, etc.

there is probably more but i am a novice at the moment. ;-)
I see
Good to know that I don't care about any of that (except the loop length, but I think this is already on Korgs agenda, no?!).
Open source?! I couldn't program a phyton script, let alone whatever that OS is programmed in.
And beta testers?! That doesn't make any sense as an argument. Sure the early adopters of the Electribe might encounter a few bugs, that the reknown company Korg will address.
But how is that going to work for this open source device from a company so small that they have to outsource the case building?! (Sure they sell that as a plus, but that's just PR).
I know Open Source means the user can take care of this himself. But can you, if no one else does?! I know I couldn't.

So I'll definitely pass.

But you have fun 8)

camoz

Post by camoz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:44 pm

and it is easy to do the synthesis. the 2nd day and iam lost in time and space.:mrgreen: