Loosing Omnisphere Settings In Live 9 Suite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alanrad

Loosing Omnisphere Settings In Live 9 Suite

Post by alanrad » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:49 pm

I have searched for this - but found no ref. If its been included before - sorry.
I set up and and play and record my Omnisphere (and Stylus) in Live 9 Suite. I save the set - but when I open the set again - all the Omnisphere instrument settings are gone.
Is it possible to save the Omnisphere instruments in Live - or does Omni always revert to default.
Any Live/Spectrasonic guys out there can help. I really would appreciate it. :roll:
Ableton 9 Suite -iMac 3.1 Gh - 16 gig - Yosomite - Cakewlk UA25EX - Spectrasonics VSTs - Shure SM 58 - Launchpad - Roland FA 06

jestermgee

Re: Loosing Omnisphere Settings In Live 9 Suite

Post by jestermgee » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:12 am

alanrad wrote:I have searched for this - but found no ref. If its been included before - sorry.
I set up and and play and record my Omnisphere (and Stylus) in Live 9 Suite. I save the set - but when I open the set again - all the Omnisphere instrument settings are gone.
Is it possible to save the Omnisphere instruments in Live - or does Omni always revert to default.
Any Live/Spectrasonic guys out there can help. I really would appreciate it. :roll:
I am an Omnisphere and Trilian owner and can say I have had no issue with any Spectrasonics product with Live. I cannot say what the issue would be but it's not Live.

Contact Spectrasonics for some assistance, they are quick and good to assist.

awilki01

Post by awilki01 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:28 am

I have the exact same problem with Omnisphere. I've tried "Collect All and Save" as well. Everytime I start Ableton Live 9, my settings in Omnisphere go back to default.

I need suggestions as I'm trying the demo out right now in order to decide if I want to go with it.

Edit: I just found my problem. I'm using jBridge, and it did something to the omnisphere.dll file. I added the original .dll back and all is well.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:01 am

I've had this happen with fxpansion plugins as well as synthmaster, I don't even use third party plugs in Ableton anymore. I can't reliably reproduce it but it's happened many times unfortunately.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

arafel

Post by arafel » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:34 pm

I've had this happen with RMX
and not even being able to open the RMX gui.
Full multi of an RMX would be just Sine (default) playing
Sometimes was sorta cool.

Both prob occur with the AU version, not the VST version.
Either issue has been rare though (1/50 instances of RMX).
But once it occurs in a set.. I know to save every multi as quickly as possible.

Spectrasonics and Abes both gave similar responses to this issue - "try to open, restart, open, when you can open save settings (in RMX interface), reload/ rebuild".

I've had to resort to trying different version of live (8.34 up to 9.17) to get some RMX interfaces to open - then I save the Multi, delete the AU, use a new VST instance of RMX, reload the multi.

Nothing similar with any other AU/ VST though.
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.