Ultrasone headphones

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tagor

Ultrasone headphones

Post by Tagor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:22 am

have you ever tried those headphones for producing ?
how could it change producing and which tools can be used in live to support the
surround-feeling ?
http://www.ultrasone-headphones.com/en/ ... -unlimited

S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound - To hear is like to see: 3-dimensional

Unique? Yes! Revolutionary? Definitely! The patented S-Logic™ technology is described as Natural Surround Sound System. No other digital surround system can compare with this standard. As the sound of a normal headphones will sound direct and even on both sides, the S-Logic™ system pushes the sound around your head! It appears as though you are listening to speakers meters away. Even at very low levels, this spacious sound allows you to hear and listen to each and every individual sound. And on top of that, the S-Logic™ technology does not require additional equipment!

Richie Witch

Re: Ultrasone headphones

Post by Richie Witch » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:15 pm

At a minimum, it is going to make it difficult for you to adjust the stereo field of your tracks. From the description on the website, things like panning, reverb, and delay would be altered by this technology. But if your just looking for something to patch songs together with late at night when everyone else is asleep, they would probably fit the job.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Ugh. Too many headphones with their proprietary magic in them. I’m sure some people probably have different headphones just based on their mood or genre they’re listening to. Don't even try to consider how your productions would translate on all of them. :?

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:36 pm

even if the created sound would be played on a surround pa
only the people within an definied area would hear it
in the right way, the listener-expierence would be depend
on the place where the ears are - subjectiv.

thats even with stereo difficult and depends often at location
so we stay mono until genetics give us a third ear. :D

have fun

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:42 am

Surely exciting for audiophiles - "Ethiopian long-haired sheep leather".
Visiting Ultrasone was the most unpleasant experience in 20 years of my participation @ Frankfurt Musik Messe , they are rude, arrogant megalomaniacs, full of themselves to extent of paranoia.
I use headphones a lot and always look for "better" ones particularly that might be "easier" on the ears. So lured by their marketing, ordered top Ultrasone model from Thomann. S logic ? hmm, maybe, noticeable yes, of sorts , kind of audio space mess, more pleasant, easy on the ears ? having noticed that. If it works that would make them "listening pleasure" but not pro use headphones anyway.
Definitely less comfortable than Sennheiser 600/650 and AKG 701/702, actually not comfortable at all , gave me headache and sweaty ears after half an hour. I sometimes work whole night with HD600 on and forget wearing them.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:01 am

thx for that review of your expierence

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Richie Witch wrote:At a minimum, it is going to make it difficult for you to adjust the stereo field of your tracks. From the description on the website, things like panning, reverb, and delay would be altered by this technology. But if your just looking for something to patch songs together with late at night when everyone else is asleep, they would probably fit the job.
Obviously, you don't have experience with Ultrasone headphones. What their S-Logic technology does, unlike conventional headphones, is it does NOT send signals directly to your inner ear, which allows longer listening time without experiencing fatigue. I have 750 Pro model for years which I use in my studio for determining various glitches and clicks in the recorded audio, and for this purpose they are the most detailed headphones I had ever tested, and I use them up to this day and I can say there are no issues with stereo images or anything like that.

Having said that, Ultrasone headphones have a long "burn in" period and may not have enough bottom end like, for example, Audio-Technica M50, though. Also the 750 Pro, being a closed model, does not have enough isolation, again comparing to M50's.

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/