ozonic vs. x-station

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:36 pm

X-Station 49 is what I bought. USB is lame compared to firewire, but aftertouch is really nice! the Ozonic doesn't have it, and the 37 keys are too little.

The only drawback to the X-Station is that you cannot monitor both inputs live while playing the onboard keyboard.

headquest

Post by headquest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:02 pm

Just for the record though, Ozonic DOES have aftertouch - and very good it is too :wink:
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

Dogen

Post by Dogen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:03 am

I was torn between the X-Station and Ozonic and ended up going for the X-Station and I have to agree that the build quality of the X-Station is far superior to the Ozonic. The keys are semi-weighted so they feel great and the aftertouch and X/Y pad are amazing. Plus the built-in synth is SO nice to have. Picture this, you're playing a Live set. Maybe you go into an extended breakdown or build-up. With the press of a button you can start playing the X-Station synth over your track using it's internal synthesis. No worrying about getting the correct track/VST selected, etc. It's so smooth and effortless...

The only real strikes against it are: 1) the 2 in/2 out limit, 2) the fact that it's USB and not Firewire. If these two items don't bother you then the X-Station is a no brainer over the Ozonic. And even if they are important to you, you shoud still consider the X-Station because it's just that good.

Dogen

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:11 am

anyone here use the Alesis Photon X25?

mrfart

Post by mrfart » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:30 pm

Dogen wrote:I was torn between the X-Station and Ozonic and ended up going for the X-Station and I have to agree that the build quality of the X-Station is far superior to the Ozonic. The keys are semi-weighted so they feel great and the aftertouch and X/Y pad are amazing. Plus the built-in synth is SO nice to have. Picture this, you're playing a Live set. Maybe you go into an extended breakdown or build-up. With the press of a button you can start playing the X-Station synth over your track using it's internal synthesis. No worrying about getting the correct track/VST selected, etc. It's so smooth and effortless...

The only real strikes against it are: 1) the 2 in/2 out limit, 2) the fact that it's USB and not Firewire. If these two items don't bother you then the X-Station is a no brainer over the Ozonic. And even if they are important to you, you shoud still consider the X-Station because it's just that good.

Dogen
ok, I'll go for the x-station.
By the way, anyone know a great online shop where I can buy it (belgium)? (sorry to go O/T but didn't find anything with the search function)
macpro dual-quad 2.8 GHz, Win vista, 8 GB Ram, motu ultralite mk3, UC-33, Ableton Live 7, novation X-station 49, 2 x Technics SL 1210, Ecler smac42, loads of chocolate

d'versa

Post by d'versa » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:13 am

ok, I'll go for the x-station.
By the way, anyone know a great online shop where I can buy it (belgium)? (sorry to go O/T but didn't find anything with the search function)
Dealer Locator
Belgium
Dealer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[edit]deleted the list for ease of reading[/edit]
Last edited by d'versa on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrfart

Post by mrfart » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:51 am

d'versa wrote:
Dealer Locator
Belgium
Yeah I found these on the website myself. But thanks anyway.
But these aren't online shops. I already contacted one of the shops on the list, and they didn't have the x-station, nor seemed they be interested in ordering it.
The thing is, like most electric products, audio equipment seems to be more expensive in Belgium then in, for example, Germany.
So I was hoping to find a German (or other European country that has the same power cord system) online shop to buy it there.

Thanks again.
macpro dual-quad 2.8 GHz, Win vista, 8 GB Ram, motu ultralite mk3, UC-33, Ableton Live 7, novation X-station 49, 2 x Technics SL 1210, Ecler smac42, loads of chocolate

d'versa

Post by d'versa » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:55 pm

i see... sorry for the list but here is a german website where you can order online:
http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt ... ts_id=9974

hope this helped you somehow

mrfart wrote:
d'versa wrote:
Dealer Locator
Belgium
Yeah I found these on the website myself. But thanks anyway.
But these aren't online shops. I already contacted one of the shops on the list, and they didn't have the x-station, nor seemed they be interested in ordering it.
The thing is, like most electric products, audio equipment seems to be more expensive in Belgium then in, for example, Germany.
So I was hoping to find a German (or other European country that has the same power cord system) online shop to buy it there.

Thanks again.