toggle EQ8 filter points?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
swishniak

toggle EQ8 filter points?

Post by swishniak » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:23 pm

anyone know of a key command to turn on or off a filter point in EQ8? this would be really helpful.

the alt+click command for adjusting resonance has been real handy...

sounddevisor

Re: toggle EQ8 filter points?

Post by sounddevisor » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:09 pm

You should be able to MIDI- or keyboard-map the on/off state to a key, button, or MIDI note.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 pm

sounddevisor wrote:You should be able to MIDI- or keyboard-map the on/off state to a key, button, or MIDI note.
true - but only for one instance of eq8 :?

ill send this one to the features request list i guess..

sounddevisor

Post by sounddevisor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:04 pm

swishniak wrote:
sounddevisor wrote:You should be able to MIDI- or keyboard-map the on/off state to a key, button, or MIDI note.
Are you sure about that? I was just able to map a series of keyboard keys to turn on/off filters on several EQ8 devices on different tracks. If you are MIDI-mapping a controller, then you will be limited to controlling whichever device currently has the blue hand, but keyboard-mapping is not limited in the same way.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:26 pm

sounddevisor wrote:
swishniak wrote:
Are you sure about that? I was just able to map a series of keyboard keys to turn on/off filters on several EQ8 devices on different tracks. If you are MIDI-mapping a controller, then you will be limited to controlling whichever device currently has the blue hand, but keyboard-mapping is not limited in the same way.
yes - but i would like for the key commands to toggle just on that 1 instance of eq8 that is selected, not all .. maybe this is more complicated a normal key command then.. one can dream..