LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
EldarBar
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by EldarBar » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:29 am

I have Ableton on one of my Windows XP laptops... Does it mean that I can't update...? Hmmm... :(

golemus
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 am

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by golemus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:03 am

Where can I download 9.2b1?

I made a profile for the centercode.com. There is only link for 9.1 and it looks more like closed beta than open beta?

I got the impression that 9.2b1 is an open beta and all live license owners can install it...?

tedlogan
Posts: 1344
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by tedlogan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:13 am

https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... 0E592E7437}

dunno if this link will work for you, but give it a try.

golemus
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 am

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by golemus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:49 am

tedlogan wrote:https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... 0E592E7437}

dunno if this link will work for you, but give it a try.
It says:

The page you are attempting to access is unavailable.


:(

tedlogan
Posts: 1344
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by tedlogan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:52 am

Bah, I thought as much. Sorry, I don't know why you can't access it from your account.

Buleriachk
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:52 am
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:54 am

It may be my imagination, but it seems to me that Operator has improved sounds....????

Not only that, you (Tom) may laugh at the tuner, but Ableton is very proud of it:

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/new-in-9/ :)

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:19 am

Fossiel wrote:would be cool if the battery 4 integration worked a bit better in this version.. looks nice with the 64 pads
My Battery integration is making my own drum racks with their samples and mine and soft drum machines. Which I like better and I can build my racks as I want them. I certainly don't need 64 pads, but I suppose that's nice to have.
Make some music!

mickynoise
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by mickynoise » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:40 am

Buleriachk wrote:It may be my imagination, but it seems to me that Operator has improved sounds....????

Not only that, you (Tom) may laugh at the tuner, but Ableton is very proud of it:

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/new-in-9/ :)
PDC is a factor of "better sound" and the reason many people used to say that Live sounds bad.
So now everything is "tight" and maybe this is the reason you feel better sound.

Fossiel
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 am

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by Fossiel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:01 am

Stromkraft wrote:
Fossiel wrote:would be cool if the battery 4 integration worked a bit better in this version.. looks nice with the 64 pads
My Battery integration is making my own drum racks with their samples and mine and soft drum machines. Which I like better and I can build my racks as I want them. I certainly don't need 64 pads, but I suppose that's nice to have.

Sounds great. Is this how you did it? http://youtu.be/0T4_QBTR0c4?t=1m30s (other view on it https://www.ableton.com/answers/how-to- ... -in-live-9)

Cause big downside of this method is that you can only have 16 samples from each kit, per drumrack instance (max amount of stereo outputs).

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:14 am

Fossiel wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
Fossiel wrote:would be cool if the battery 4 integration worked a bit better in this version.. looks nice with the 64 pads
My Battery integration is making my own drum racks with their samples and mine and soft drum machines. Which I like better and I can build my racks as I want them. I certainly don't need 64 pads, but I suppose that's nice to have.

Sounds great. Is this how you did it? http://youtu.be/0T4_QBTR0c4?t=1m30s

Cause big downside of this method is that you can only have 16 samples from each kit, per drumrack instance (max amount of stereo outputs).
No, I just use the raw samples in Sampler (Simpler sometimes). But this method would also work.
Make some music!

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:17 am

golemus wrote: It says:

The page you are attempting to access is unavailable.
You see no option for signing up for beta?
Make some music!

ivarin
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by ivarin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:36 am

Stromkraft wrote:
golemus wrote: It says:

The page you are attempting to access is unavailable.
You see no option for signing up for beta?
for me it's totally the same way. signed up to centercode yesterday, only 9.1 available

ivarin
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by ivarin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:57 am

Jeffromusic wrote:I'm surprised they didn't add Max 7 integration...
obviously they're about to add it in ver. 10

Fossiel
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 am

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by Fossiel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:58 am

Stromkraft wrote: No, I just use the raw samples in Sampler (Simpler sometimes). But this method would also work.
The method works, but has its limitations. The preparation of the drumkits gets me out of my workflow as well.

Great that sampler works for you. Would have been even better if we could just loadup battery and sequence the hell out of those drumkits. There is a great chance that I will sell my push and get a maschine for this.

hyperscientist
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by hyperscientist » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:11 am

Historically, how long did it usually took for beta to graduate and become standard version? How long should before these changes become official (on average)?

Post Reply