LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ze2be

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by ze2be » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:18 am

pencilrocket wrote:
golemus wrote:In FL Studio deletion happens nearly instantaneously. Although FL studio does not have undo (maybe it is partial explanation of the sluggishness...?)

Also FL studio opens the project in 8 seconds and closes it in less than 1 second. Ableton opens in 18 seconds and it last 28 seconds for it to close the project.
Interesting. I'm curious to know if other sequencer such as DP, Cubase, Sonar, Logic also suffer from the UNDO sluggishness.
I worked with Logic 9 some weeks this year, collab stuf. They didnt know Live so I took a jump dive into Logic. No undo! Cant tap sidechain directly from a track, so need to duplicate it. Also not possible to select a group of tracks and move them together. Midi editing was also less intuitive then Live. But yeah, was supriced about no undo.

VT2

Post by VT2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 am

ze2be wrote:No mentioning about the uncompensated latency on Sends though?
Honestly, i completely do not understand, what are difference (from a compensation engine point of view), where will be place plugin, insert or send. (in the sense of the complexity of a programming implementation.)

But, I also admit that my logic does not work correctly in this issue. :mrgreen:

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:39 pm

WOW FINALLY ?!!! 8O

THANKS ABLETON !

i have been waiting that IMPROVED PDC FOR YEARS NOW...

its maybe the more enjoyable day of my partnership with live since live 4 but the more CRUEL too for a loooong live user like me who have dreamt about that day..

WHY STOPPING XP AND VISTA COMPATIBILITY BETWEEN TWO VERSIONS ?
ABOVE ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOUGHT LIVE 9 BE WERE ALLOWED TO INSTALL IT ON XP AND VISTA SO WHERE IS THE LOGIC ? :roll: + :cry: + :evil:

please drop compatibility only for LIVE 10, no between two versions (not very user friendly and and lightnin economical choice ..dont you like xp and vista's users 's money ? ) so take my money and let me FINALLY enjoy this beautiful day in buying instantly live 9 to test that improved PDC this week end !!! :D

xp is a very stable environnement , well known by companies which use it for years and it have been useful for them to touch the world and gain popularity and customer base.

so please reconsider your choice for LIVE 10 ONLY , it will be more logical, and customer friendly for the actual live9's owners who have been allowed to install and use it on xp or vista or for looong live's user like me who have been waiting that day and want to upgrade NOW-JUST- for THE IMPROVED PDC and please without buying a new pc ...

iis a bit like, after years and years of loyal partnership, being pushed suddenly outside and without informations,explanations and all that , the day , which should be the more enjoyable so :cry:

for me ITS NOT JUST not to be allow to enjoy with all ableton people this great moment but the temporary ending of my relationship with ableton live because of this politic until the day i will change my os ... :|

so be generous, be human, be logic, be economical and let me enjoy PLEASE ! :roll:
thanks for your understanding ..

and congratulations for the new version

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 pm

petit nuage wrote:
please drop compatibility only for LIVE 10, no between two versions (not very user friendly and and lightnin economical choice ..dont you like xp and vista's users 's money ? ) so take my money and let me FINALLY enjoy this beautiful day in buying instantly live 9 to test that improved PDC this week end !!! :D

xp is a very stable environnement , well known by companies which use it for years and it have been useful for them to touch the world and gain popularity and customer
The reality is that when the OS makers, Microsoft in this case, drop their support it's prohibitively expensive to keep multiple code bases for a real-time audio application.

In addition you should really post to Feature Wishlist if you want Ableton's ear for continued XP support.
Make some music!

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Unlikely to change though.

Just remember, Ableton have a fair amount of information about what the OS's are 'out there' of all its users. The information is there, in its internal database. So they are in a position to know how many people are using which OS. And they probably do a careful cost/benefit analysis. I'd be surprised if they change their minds.

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:46 pm

yes i understand that but at least for a live 9.5 ?

because this PDC improvements were awaited so much and for years by some users like me and i find that its not a good moment to drop compatibility and to kill the good vibes ...

ableton take maximum money from xp/vista plus mac 's users for live 9.2 and for live 9.4/ 9.5 make the drop in compatibility ... no ? :wink:

pleeeeease again seriously reconsider your choice
...because... i want you accept my money !!!

and please dont push me to beg for you to accept my money ?!!! 8O
it will be a strange but delightful paradox, isnt it ? :D

thanks !
Last edited by petit nuage on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Maybe the PDC improvement and the end of Windows XP support are somehow linked. Maybe the code wizards at Ableton finally found a way to make PDC work that simply can’t be implemented on an old OS such as Windows XP, finally making them decide to drop the support altogether.

At the very least, implementing this feature on older OS versions probably requires a lot of additional work that simply wasn’t deemed worth it on 15 year old OS versions.

I mean, just think about it, it sounds very possible. :wink:
Last edited by BoddAH on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:00 pm

What does dropping of support mean, practically? Does it mean it won't run on the system at all, or just that they won't deal with crashes, errors and fixes relating to the OS?

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 pm

good question.. i dont know..

but i would like to have the information too .

and if anybody here tried to install it on xp/vista ?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:14 pm

re:dream wrote:What does dropping of support mean, practically? Does it mean it won't run on the system at all, or just that they won't deal with crashes, errors and fixes relating to the OS?
I would assume some of the former and certainly all of the later.

And while it does not affect me, I have to still agree with petit nuage.

I understand that things need to move forward and OSs need to be dropped. But the people on XP/Vista/Snow Leopard bought Live 9 just like anyone else. That licence should include all point updates to work on the same sytems as the original release did. Period!

For Live 10 drop whatever you want. Customers can make their decisions based on that. But as it is Live 9 customers were deprived of the ability to make that informed decision.

That just feels wrong to me.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:33 pm

eyeknow wrote:FL should be copied..........all stop.

:roll:

Fine, but then I have to ask......why not just use FL?
golemus is talking about sluggishness and just curious to know the cause. Are you trying to instigate another fanboy grumbles like "stop stress testing Live, leave forum, use other software!"?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:16 pm

pencilrocket wrote:
eyeknow wrote:FL should be copied..........all stop.

:roll:

Fine, but then I have to ask......why not just use FL?
golemus is talking about sluggishness and just curious to know the cause. Are you trying to instigate another fanboy grumbles like "stop stress testing Live, leave forum, use other software!"?
he's just doing what you usually do: contentless bitching ;-)

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:27 pm

TomViolenz wrote:he's just doing what you usually do: contentless bitching ;-)
:lol:

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:51 pm

@tom violenz : totally agree with you too , perfectly summed up !

so ableton ok that you drop or stop (please enlighten us about dropping vs stopping...could i install it on xp and vista system yes or not ? ) BUT NOT ON A LONG AWAITED MAJOR UPDATE LIKE THIS !!!

if my customer relationship with ableton, after more than 10 years, is temporaly ending(...until my next pc) on a version, because of this politic, please understand that it would be nice that it will be....AFTER...THAT CRUCIAL/ MAJOR VERSION...

thanks

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:08 pm

ze2be wrote:Really stoked about 3rd party plugs and automation latency compensation!

Thank you thank you than you Ableton!!
Best DAW news this year for me!

This has been nr.1 on my list of concerns and wishes since Session automation. Its not just about my personal and likeminded needs, its also about Lives reputation. There is no way to deny that there are loads of producers avoiding Live solely for its roumoured muddy sound. I hear it on a regular basis as I collab with many and talk with hundreds of producers in my genre every year. I have even noticed DJs in some edm genres, like techno, using the term "Ableton Sound" for muddy sounding productions with sloppy timing. I know all the tricks to tighten it up, and I gently preach it as the senior Live-fan I am, but its nice to finally get this nailed and forgoten once and for all, isnt it.

No mentioning about the uncompensated latency on Sends though?
I must be crazy, but I notice a definite improvement in the quality of sounds, especially in some of the instrument racks... I don't know if this is the same thing, but I just checked the cello and the sound seems much improved. Weird, and I still can't quite believe it....

(One reason I purchased Sampletank 3 and Komplete was a perceived lack of sound quality in Live. I'll have to have more time with Live to be sure, but so far so good!).