Need some help with some looping issue :)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mihai_stefan

Need some help with some looping issue :)

Post by mihai_stefan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Hello friends, i just finished a song in ableton but i need it to loop smoothly with no pops and clicks.In ableton live 9 suite the song loops perfectly but when i export the song and then play it for example in itunes,i hear some pop/click or something simmilar when the song starts playing again.

I need the song to loop perfectly since it is created for a video game.

Any help or advice is aprecciated.

Thank You. :wink:

re:dream

Re: Need some help with some looping issue :)

Post by re:dream » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:12 pm

If a audio clip ends or begins at a point when the wave-form is not at zero, there will be a click.

Ableton live usually employs a little bit of fading at the start and end of a clip to sort this problem. This is why you don't hear it in Live, but you do hear it in Itunes.

To deal with it, take your song and zoom in on the waveform in a wav editor, or even in Live. Zoom all the way in to the very beginning and end of the clip. Make it as zoomed as possible. If the waveform is not at zero, that will be what's causing the noise.

Use a warp market to adjust the wave form or change the clip end point so that the wave form is exactly at zero.

https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/aud ... ive-clips/

http://forum.cockos.com/archive/index.php/t-124582.html

http://forum.cockos.com/archive/index.php/t-124582.html

mihai_stefan

Post by mihai_stefan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:00 am

Thank you for your help, i will try to do this with audacity ( first i will have to learn how to use it ) :)

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:33 am

It's dead easy to do with Live.

Audacity is a hassle, since you have endless problems with converting the final clip and saving it back where Live needs it.

mihai_stefan

Post by mihai_stefan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Can you please explain a bit more about what you have said? i tried some fade out/in methods but still don't understand why on ableton it loops perfectly the entire project and when i put the wave exported project file to loop again in ableton it has a small click when starting the song again.

Thanks

chrk

Post by chrk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:52 am

mihai_stefan wrote:... but still don't understand why on ableton it loops perfectly the entire project and when i put the wave exported project file to loop again in ableton it has a small click when starting the song again.
That's probably because Live auto-adds another pair of fades on the edges on import.
6.7 Audio Clip Fades and Crossfades

You can turn off the auto-option, see third image.

mihai_stefan

Post by mihai_stefan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:09 am

It solved the problem, thank you alot :) :D