What's best portable USB hub, both bus power% external, Mac?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mooncaine

What's best portable USB hub, both bus power% external, Mac?

Post by mooncaine » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:39 am

I need a USB hub so I can attach a few things at once: Quneo, Livid Guitar Wing, GR-55, VG-99 & iPad 1.

What's the best portable USB hub for a Mac user (and Ableton Live user, natürlich :D )

I have a groovy iConnectMIDI4+, but its single USB Host jack is taken up by the Guitar Wing, so I can't also put Quneo on it. I also want to have 3 more things.

None of these need bus power, but I should probaby prefer a hub that can do both, because I will eventually want something on it that needs power over USB.

Go ahead and post whatever USB hubs you'd recommend. I'd love to see a range of ideas. Thanks,

--moonie

Tarekith

Re: What's best portable USB hub, both bus power% external, Mac?

Post by Tarekith » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:43 am

Never had any issues with the hubs from Plugable, though I've only used the powered ones here in the studio.

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 am

I recently bought this http://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-SuperSpe ... B005NGQWL2. I'm very happy with it, it has 10 usb3 ports with one charging port. It only works with the power supply though

hyperscientist

Post by hyperscientist » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:20 am

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/e ... ggest=true

I own that guy and it's great. I had problems with previous ones, but this one is stable, full metal so super sturdy and is easy to attach permanently when you need it. It looks ugly on pictures but so much better in real life.