Controlling Komplete Browser

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Fossiel

Controlling Komplete Browser

Post by Fossiel » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:03 pm

I am looking for a way to control the Komplete Browser (this vst http://createdigitalmusic.com/files/201 ... ontrol.png ).

My wishes:

Important
- browse the presets, without preparing them one by one
- twiddle the macro knobs (or all other encoders, that would be amazing)

Less important
- use the scale functionality
- control other vsts

I really like the NI Kontrol keyboard. However, it won't control other vsts like U-he Diva. The price is also not very friendly. The Akai Advance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWcGVQN1T-8 looks very promising, but Akai has a reputation for selling half-finished products (lot's of critics all over the internet on their controllers).

If anyone found a way to midimap the major functions of the Komplete Browser, I'd like to know as well :)

Fossiel

Re: Controlling Komplete Browser

Post by Fossiel » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:08 pm

I also considered buying either a Maschine or Maschine Mikro, for this particular functionality. Not sure if it will fit my needs... A Maschine Studio is beyond budget.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Maschine is very awesome.

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:10 pm

ok

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:53 pm

I have a Maschine Studio and a Komplete Kontrol 49 along with Komplete 10. I use the KK49 and the Komplete Kontrol software in Ableton Live also. It's nice to be able to browse all that stuff from the hardware.
I like it best when using the KK49 with Maschine software/hardware. Theres a bit of overlap and honestly it's a bit un-necessary to have them both but since I have them both I use them to the full extent.
Amazing combination. The light guide is even helping me to become a better keyboard player. It seems gimmicky when you see it on a video but it's very helpful.

Muze

Post by Muze » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:44 pm

I made a template for controlling it using NI Kore 2 - this maps the first 6 pages of macro controls plus scales and arp controls. Unless you use one of NI's keyboards or Maschine though there doesn't seem to be any way to browse through the presets using hardware, they don't even seem to respond to standard things like program changes or QWERTY keyboard arrow keys.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Hmm i guess we need the Kore machine for that?

The Kontrol S looks like a perfect option, but only if you use NI Komplete. For using other VST's, it is extremely limited in its use.

Not sure if i am going to slap down 600 EU on the counter for a company that's only after your money.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Fossiel wrote:A Maschine Studio is beyond budget.
Maschine Studio is currently $200 off until the end of the month if you buy directly from NI.

Muze

Post by Muze » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Fossiel wrote:Hmm i guess we need the Kore machine for that?
Yes, but the point is it shows it is possible to control it using other controllers. You just need to map the params once, once setup whichever plugin is loaded gets automapped.