How to get my Garageband Projects into Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
GentlemanRocker

How to get my Garageband Projects into Live

Post by GentlemanRocker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:51 am

Hi there,

I did FAWM this year. Did everything on my iPad, mostly in Korg Gadget. From there I can export my Projects without any Problem. My Problems start with my Garageband Recordings. Some songs were done with Egoist (on iPad) recorded to Garageband and jammed over it with Animoog, Impaktor, FM4 and Thor. Now, as I'm preparing some of the Songs for mastering and reworking (as the songs were done in a Day mostly) I ask myself how to get them into Live with the different Tracks not mixed into one? Do I have to export the Song x times with only one track soloed? Or is there a better way?

Hope you can help.

Thanks,
George

c33

Re: How to get my Garageband Projects into Live

Post by c33 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:17 pm

You'll probably need to solo each track. Garageband supports Inter-App Audio, though.

In the future you could use a program like Auria (which also supports IAA) to get your iPad mixes together before going to Live. Auria gives you an option to export individual track stems.

redglass

Post by redglass » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:28 pm

I know this problem. If you have Logic, there is a way:

Open Garage Band Project in Logic. Get AATranslater to transform this Logic Project to an AL Project.
I never tried it, I'm on PC. AATranslator works fine so far.

Good luck!

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/

GentlemanRocker

Post by GentlemanRocker » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:16 am

No Logic here, so this Way's out. Will have to export every Track than. Damn.

I'll take a look at Auria. In fact I did, but used Garageband, as I didn't want to use something unknown while in songwriting mode. That's the price for being lazy I guess :)

Thanks