Light, Durable, Portable MIDI foot controllers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Faldoe

Light, Durable, Portable MIDI foot controllers

Post by Faldoe » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:32 am

I'm currently using a Behringer FCB1010 with UNO chip. I cut the expression pedals off so the pedal is just the 1-10 switches and the Bank Up and Down switches. It is a good solid controller but a little heavy and I'm trying to consolidate my gear.

I'm mainly a guitar player and use Live for looping and some synth stuff. I have a small pedalboard that fits into my backpack and I'd like to find a MIDI foot controller that is light, durable and fill fit in my backpack. The FCB1010 fits but it adds a little too much weight.

Any thoughts on the Keith McMillen controllers? Any others I should look into? The McMillen stuff seems cool because the foot pads are sensitive and more parameters can be triggered in Live via Pressure and Pad hold duration.

Thanks

leisuremuffin

Re: Light, Durable, Portable MIDI foot controllers

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:39 pm

i have a soft step2 and love it.
durable, thin, really customizable.

personally i've found the pressure and directionality mostly useless, but the pads work great and the editor software allows for some really great customization. However, the best customization is only available when using a computer as host, so if you're planning on going computerless either with the keith mcmillan midi expander or something like an iConnectivity device expect to not have as many options. but certainly as many as available on the fcb and waaaaay smaller.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:40 pm

oh, and i previously had a soft step one, don't get one. Works great, but the backlighting adds a weird hum no matter what you do.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Line 6 FBV or FBV Express.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.