repitch fade jump

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
NoSonic822

repitch fade jump

Post by NoSonic822 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:01 am

Still don't really understand what each mode does in the ableton delays... you have three options

repitch
fade
jump

these all act differently with the delay.....what do they do? I read that repitch is like a dub delay.....like analog tape delay but what does that mean....whats fade and jump

anyone?

Stromkraft

Re: repitch fade jump

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:48 am

Inversoundzzz wrote:Still don't really understand what each mode does in the ableton delays... you have three options

repitch
fade
jump

these all act differently with the delay.....what do they do? I read that repitch is like a dub delay.....like analog tape delay but what does that mean....whats fade and jump

anyone?
You mean what they do beyond how the manual describes these?
Make some music!

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:03 am

If you want to hear the differences, play with the delay time settings when either of the three options is selected. If you bump he feedback up a bit you can really hear the differences dramatically.

You'll only hear these differences when a time adjustment is made on the delay. The time can either be adjusted manually, or of synced it would also adjust if you change the tempo of your Live set.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:34 am

Stromkraft wrote:
Inversoundzzz wrote:Still don't really understand what each mode does in the ableton delays... you have three options

repitch
fade
jump

anyone?
You mean what they do beyond how the manual describes these?
lol i didn know they had it in the manual....i didnt think it was in there, thanks

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:53 pm

This video from Dupspot describes the delay modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMTIRXEbq8#t=47

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:40 am

silversurfer60 wrote:This video from Dupspot describes the delay modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMTIRXEbq8#t=47
oh thanks i get it now....i didnt know it was only when you changed delay rates........i always tried the different modes but never heard it making any audible changes, so i didnt hink i was understanding it right.....it's only audible when you change the rate in real time