Some Programming/Plug-in questions..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sana48

Some Programming/Plug-in questions..

Post by sana48 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Aloha,

I absolutely love modulating the amplitude/volume of basically all my sounds. I like the wave-like sounds, trance gate effects etc...
In omnnisphere and other synths this requires a relatively painless programming process, but its a process nonetheless.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, Ill wear the dunce hat proudly.. but is there a tool or plugin that can apply these amplitude wave like effects and give you more direct streamlined control over it, without all the programming?

I guess what I am envisioning is a device that I just drop on my track, then turn the rate knob up and viola....synched insta-waves... and then to have the ability to speed them up slow them down, fatten them up..

Not sure if this is a clear description or not, I am just wondering if I there is already something in place that does this- outside of the mod envelopes within the synths themselves..

Like, a dedicated plug-in for adding rhythmic effects onto tracks via amplitude adjustments.

I can program my synths...yes.... I can sidechain.....yes....I can automate yes....

but what if there was something all along that I was missing out on... something beautiful...like a sparkly unicorn that shapes amplitude waves all within a drag-drop-and adjust fashion....

Commence flogging......now

Steve Glen

Re: Some Programming/Plug-in advice..... pls

Post by Steve Glen » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:54 pm

Yes, you bet. In fact there are a couple. It seems like two of the most popular are either Volume Shaper from Cable Guys, or LFO Tool from XFER Records.

sana48

Re: Some Programming/Plug-in questions..

Post by sana48 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:57 pm

Nice!!!

I am going to check these out now!

sana48

Re: Some Programming/Plug-in advice..... pls

Post by sana48 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:34 am

Steve Glen wrote:Yes, you bet. In fact there are a couple. It seems like two of the most popular are either Volume Shaper from Cable Guys, or LFO Tool from XFER Records.

Volume Shaper looks great. It appears that you can get a lot of function out of this plugin such as sidechain effects without compression, which leaves more headroom in the mix for mastering volumes. Also some nice cutting bands for isolating sounds... looks legit.

thank you sir

Steve Glen

Post by Steve Glen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:43 am

you are very welcome.

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 am

if you want a simple rate-synced volume modulation, you can just use the Autopan device, with the phase at 0 (or 360) then, instead of panning, it will go up and down in volume based on the rate set, which seems to be what you're asking for! Pretty basic compared to Volumeshaper or LFO Tool, but something to consider anyway.