Audio Interface Recommendation: Resident Audio vs. Focusrite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
junqueira

Audio Interface Recommendation: Resident Audio vs. Focusrite

Post by junqueira » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:40 pm

I have a Macbook Pro; looking for an audio interface. I would like to get a thunderbolt interface because there are only 2 usb ports (being used by my midi devices) and there are 2 the Thunderbolt ports that aren't currently being use on my laptop. Does anyone have experience with Resident Audio interfaces? I've heard good things about Focusrite, but would prefer not to add another USB to my gear. Is there much difference in quality of sound between the 2 of these?

Resident Audio T2
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/T2Thunderbolt

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlett2i2

braduro

Re: Audio Interface Recommendation: Resident Audio vs. Focusrite

Post by braduro » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:50 pm

If you're willing to wait, focusrite announced a new series of Thunderbolt interfaces called their Clarett range. Because their Saffire series were already within the upper pack of low-latency options, their pre-amps have noteriety, I'd be curious to know when these come out whether the drivers are sound and stable.

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 pm

braduro wrote:If you're willing to wait, focusrite announced a new series of Thunderbolt interfaces called their Clarett range. Because their Saffire series were already within the upper pack of low-latency options, their pre-amps have noteriety, I'd be curious to know when these come out whether the drivers are sound and stable.
Thanks for the response man! How much difference in sound quality is there when using an audio interface (right now I use Mac onboard sound card)? And does it improve the performance of my Cpu with an audio interface?

luckymethod

Post by luckymethod » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:40 am

Any of you people purchased either ot those interfaces?

The Clarett's downside is that it requires a separate power brick while the Resident Audio T2 is powered by the Thunderbolt cable, it's significantly more convenient and reduces clutter greatly, but I'm not sure how much I'm giving up by choosing convenience in the audio quality department.