Launch Scene Timing?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ndyer

Launch Scene Timing?

Post by ndyer » Sat May 02, 2015 3:11 am

Back again with another scene triggering question.

I don't even know if this is possible, but is there a way for me to be able to trigger "scene 2" at any point in time during "scene 1" and for it to play automatically once "scene 1" has finished?

What I am looking to do is to have each scene be a different section of a song, verse, chorus, bridge. Then if I want to do a double chorus or jump back to verse 1 after a chorus I would like to just trigger that scene and forget about it. I know I can change the global launch setting to 8 bars or 1 bar or whatever, but I feel there is too much room for error if I accidentally trigger it to quick or too late and it will throw everything off in a live setting.

I'm just getting into Ableton, and like I said I'm not sure this is possible. But ideally if I can trigger a scene to play once the current scene is done, that would be awesome! Hope this makes sense haha. Thanks guys!!

markwphoto

Re: Launch Scene Timing?

Post by markwphoto » Sat May 02, 2015 3:31 am

If you have Max for Live, you may want to look into Follow by Isotonik Studios. I use this to do exactly what you've described and it allows me much more freedom to jump to parts of song on the fly at the end of a playing clip or scene.