Ableton 9 and 4K monitor (Windows 8.1) - problem with mouse

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Slartibart

Ableton 9 and 4K monitor (Windows 8.1) - problem with mouse

Post by Slartibart » Tue May 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Hello,

I just bought a 4K monitor (Dell P2715Q). Ableton Live works othervice fine with "Zoom Display" 100%. The user interface looks a bit blurry, but I believe this is a know issue.

Now to the problem: When controlling sliders and knobs with the mouse, the movement is way too fast for proper control. It is almost impossible to adjust e.g. a channel volume slider. I can get around this issue by selecting a control first by mouse, and then adjust the value using arrow keys on the keyboard.

This workaround does not work e.g. for automation. When I click an automation dot, it just "flies around" immediately.

It looks like Ableton Live is calculating the mouse input wrong, due to the high resolution of the user interface? :?

Anyone else noticing this???

Thanks.

-Slartibart.

trommelmeister

Re: Ableton 9 and 4K monitor (Windows 8.1) - problem with mouse

Post by trommelmeister » Wed May 06, 2015 7:33 am

I have the exact same issue with my setup (Live Suite 9.1.7, Win8.1 and 4K monitor). I don't know if this is important, but the 4K-Monitor is connected via DisplayPort so that I can get the full 60hz frame rate. This "knob problem" does not occur always but only once in a while.

green

Post by green » Wed May 06, 2015 9:48 am

"disable display scaling on high DPI settings" under the compatibility tab and lives zoom @ 150% worked for me.

Slartibart

Post by Slartibart » Wed May 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi,

Yes,"disable display scaling on high DPI settings" works. Also text in the user interface appears sharper now.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if this bug is fixed in the latest Live 9 BETA?

-Slartibart

trommelmeister

Post by trommelmeister » Wed May 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Slartibart wrote: Yes,"disable display scaling on high DPI settings" works. Also text in the user interface appears sharper now.
Nice! This "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" worked on my machine, and also the text appears sharper. Thank you!