Anyone with python scripting knowledge, please help!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RabidC

Anyone with python scripting knowledge, please help!

Post by RabidC » Sat May 09, 2015 3:26 am

Hi, I've been tring to figure out how to do this for weeks and while i am making progress, my steps are too small.

im trying to change the function of the APC40s button matrix so that all 40 buttons represent 40 scenes in one track.

I've created a script following Bobavenger 's instructions in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204146&hilit=creati ... ox+scripts

While this gave me the desired red box result, it disabled the rest of the functionality of the APC and only the first column of buttons on the APC controlled clips, while the rest sent midi note messages. I wasn't surprised at this, I understand that script wasn't specifically meant for that device. I've tried copying some files from the apc script folder, but nothing's worked.

I can see things in the code that i suspect i need to change, like, 'BUTTYP = MIDI_NOTE_TYPE' should probably be changed to something like 'launch' or 'on/off', but i have no way of knowing what to change it to.

Anyway, I'm spending way to much time trying to figure this out for myself and not enough time making music. this is the only time I'm going to use custom scripting as far as I can tell, so I'm not interested in becoming an expert on these programs right now.
But if anybody can tell me how i can adjust bobavengers script, or maybe create a new one, I would appreciate it more than you know!

I will pay you money!

RabidC

Re: Anyone with python scripting knowledge, please help!

Post by RabidC » Tue May 12, 2015 4:24 pm

Bump!
I' ve also been trying to do this within max for live using the LOM navigator, but no luck. Maybe I just don't know enough about it or I'm not using the right programs. I've tried decompiling the apc40 script to tweak it manually, but I can't figure that out either.

I'd love to be able to take care of this myself, but I' not even sure if I'm using the right software or combination of software.

snappyass

Re: Anyone with python scripting knowledge, please help!

Post by snappyass » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Did you ever manage this?